Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Off the wall newbie question:

I would like to be able to limit the speed of my '09 Teryx to about 20mph occassionally for less experienced riders using it, it has an adjustment under the accelerator pedal to limit travel of the pedal, I maxed out the adjustment to limit pedal travel but it would still do at least 40mph.

My question is, if I come up with another method to limit the pedal travel will I cause any harm to the belt or clutches driving it like this???

·
Registered
38 Posts
I Believe if you use the MSD will be an easy way to control the speed limit.

·
383 Posts
I Believe if you use the MSD will be an easy way to control the speed limit.
correct, you could limit speed and or rpm with the msd.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Off the wall newbie question:

I would like to be able to limit the speed of my '09 Teryx to about 20mph occassionally for less experienced riders using it, it has an adjustment under the accelerator pedal to limit travel of the pedal, I maxed out the adjustment to limit pedal travel but it would still do at least 40mph.

My question is, if I come up with another method to limit the pedal travel will I cause any harm to the belt or clutches driving it like this???
They are correct, you would think I would have tested this function but I never needed to slow down!! You can in fact use one of the other curves in the MSD to do this very thing.

Not sure if you have one or not but there is a screw on it so all you have to do once you have the curve to do what you want is turn the screw to that curve when you need to slow it down

If you don't have one, give us a call and we will fix you up.

Todd
601-771-0070

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
They are correct, you would think I would have tested this function but I never needed to slow down!! You can in fact use one of the other curves in the MSD to do this very thing.

Not sure if you have one or not but there is a screw on it so all you have to do once you have the curve to do what you want is turn the screw to that curve when you need to slow it down

If you don't have one, give us a call and we will fix you up.

Todd
601-771-0070
Todd you have it made some of us paying you to make ours faster and now you have people paying you to slow them down. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts