Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have read post after post and still no clear information on jetting for the afe,muzzy,dyna combo. Does anyone who has this combo and runs great want to share their jetting setup? Actually will anyone please share their jetting setup? I'm very interested for 3000' and under.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I am running a 205 main jet front and rear....the only difference is I am running an 840 kit.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey Terror I feel your pain, I'm pretty much in the same boat.
I have the same set-up with the Muzzy,AFE,Dynatek CDI,Dynatek hot coil(These help make a big difference),Dynajet kit.

Here's what I have going 195 main in front 190 rear,clip in the second position,and the springs from the kit,air screw out 3 turns with this set-up it did great till I hit the long straight away and thats were the problem started the vacuum on the carbs were not letting enough air in. I bought the hot coils from Alpine store(Dale) and then went to the Glamis it made a big difference from bottom to midrange nice improvement. I really could till if it made a big difference in the top end because I really never got it going in a long straight away.

Desert Dog has taking his Teryx to Alba and they say he's just a tad on the rich side but they said it's running strong and hard, they Dyno it and he said it dyno at 42 horsepower, I asked him to ask the tech at Alba to see what size jetts they put in. All he has is bolt-on no motor work.

Roman

·
Registered
266 Posts
Ok so i have read post after post and still no clear information on jetting for the afe,muzzy,dyna combo. Does anyone who has this combo and runs great want to share their jetting setup? Actually will anyone please share their jetting setup? I'm very interested for 3000' and under.
Good Morning Guys,
Yes, Romdogg is correct. I should be picking up my Teryx this weekend after they installed a high volume/performance fuel pump after my stock one failed last weekend. They are also installing the dyna hot coil. I will get the jet sizes from them and let you guys know next week. It ran really strong until the fuel pump went out. The tech said he set it just a tad rich , about .25 of a point or so, so that when I run at night or when it's cold it won't be too lean.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alot fellas, I will be standing by. Have a good day all!!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Carb jetting info

Ok guys,
As I promised in my earlier post. Here is the jetting set up that is working for me.
My performance adds are:
Stock motor with aFe airbox, muzzy 212 exhaust with heat wrap & a dragonfire cdi, factory clutch set up. Per the shop tech that did my work:
Carb jetting set up for under 5000 ft elevation is
front: main jet 135, pilot jet 38.5
rear: main jet 140, pilot jet 38.5

With this set up on the dyno test I was putting 42.85 HP to the wheels. Also, this is .25 of a point to the rich side of perfect so that when I run in evening cold weather I am not lean.
I hope this helps those of you who are trying to workout your set up.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wow D-Dog that seems afoul lean, stock jetting's are around 130 and 135 if I'm correct.
And you said you've ran it awhile huh, I had the dynajet kit and ran the same and boy was I lean melted the plastic cover in the rear an the middle. Hey someone else let me know if I'm wrong. I have 190 main front and 195main in the rear and I have the same set up. Well I quess we'll see next week when we go to the desert. Thanks D-Dog

Roman

·
Registered
266 Posts
Roman,
Did you also change to softer needle springs when you rejetted ?
PS How the clutch install going and what belt are you installing?

·
Registered
79 Posts
D-Dog yes I changed the springs and the needle and have the clip in the second position, the clutch should be done this evening it was a mess with all the twine and dust and bit and pieces of rubber everywhere but have it ready to install.

Roman

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Remember stock jets and Dynojet jets are numbered different.

We recommend the 144 and 146 Dynojet jets for the Muzzy but the AFE requires such a larger jet because you lose your vacuum signal.

I wish you guys would pass on the AFE, they are no better and most times worse than the bone stock set up.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Afe

The AFE flows alot of air creating great hp if tuned correctly. We have seen jet sizes from 190 to 205 Kiehen numbered jets and a 40 to 45 pilot. We are still tuning on the exact needle size.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey Todd your right about the AFE filter but my second problem is that I've bought an extra filter for long weekend to switch out for a clean one. So is there a way to modify the box to create more vacuum, let say put a plate in the back were it's opened up?RomAN

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hunterworks ya thats were I'm going with this, lets say a plate with certain sizes holes in it to restrict airflow. Thanks Roman

·
Registered
79 Posts
Unleashed UTV I have 190main in the front and 195 in the rear, How else can you adjust this to improve top end, with the issue of the AFE airfilter,please do tell.
Thanks Roman

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Todd, are the needles and jets in your kit the same ones that everyone else like Dragonfire are using. It seems as if everyone is using different jet kits. How can some of these guys be using 190 and higher with the muzzy setup and your reccomendations are much much lower. I'm a little confused.:confused:

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Terror,

Not sure what brand of jets they use, we use Dynojet and they are numbered differently than the stock ones.

When you here that high of number it usually means they have some kind of aftermarket intake on there that loses the needed vacuum and therefore takes a lot bigger jet just to get back the fuel you did have.

I have a customer who bought a set up from Dragonfire and then bought a air/fuel ratio gauge from us and found out he was very fat, went with smaller jets and performance picked up.

Gotta be careful where you buy stuff!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
190 in the front. 195 in the rear, three turns out on the screws! The afe brings it alive!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts