Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as I want one, I just can't come to spending +$850 on an exhaust. Is there such thing as an affordable exhaust that is worth buying and makes power? Or am I asking for too much?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Muzzy

We have the Muzzy for $749.00. It is still exspensive at that price but it will put a smile on your face. There is no buyers remorse with the Muzzy>

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
If you don't want to spend much $. Undo the back 3 bolts at the back of the exhaust, pull out the baffle, buy a $40 exhaust tip from a vendor on this site (for looks and little quieter as it points slightly downward).
Best gains for the $. (approx 3 hp according to Hunterworks dyno test)
Then add the true exhaust when you have the money. Not very good gains from most slip on exhausts vs the baffle pull and tip.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
If you don't want to spend much $. Undo the back 3 bolts at the back of the exhaust, pull out the baffle, buy a $40 exhaust tip from a vendor on this site (for looks and little quieter as it points slightly downward).
Best gains for the $. (approx 3 hp according to Hunterworks dyno test)
Then add the true exhaust when you have the money. Not very good gains from most slip on exhausts vs the baffle pull and tip.
I totally agree but the tip is only for looks and sound as he said.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Becarefull if you run your Teryx hard the billet tips will melt. I have personal exsperience with it.
I can verify this as well...although it does kinda look cool at night! LOL

·
Registered
158 Posts
Becarefull if you run your Teryx hard the billet tips will melt. I have personal exsperience with it.
Is that what happened to 'em ?? I've gone through two of them. Lost one in Glamis & the other in Cal-city last weekend. I'm done with 'em, gonna order up a muzzy, very-very soon.

I actually liked the billet tip, I did notice an improvement & the way it sounded. Thats why after I lost the first one I got another.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Is that what happened to 'em ?? I've gone through two of them. Lost one in Glamis & the other in Cal-city last weekend. I'm done with 'em, gonna order up a muzzy, very-very soon.

I actually liked the billet tip, I did notice an improvement & the way it sounded. Thats why after I lost the first one I got another.
I have both the billet and stainless tips. The stainless one is a lot larger diameter and makes the machine sound louder, but it definitely works.

If anybody wants either one, just pay shipping and I will send them to you. First two PM's I get from people wanting them, you got them, I ship USPS priority. My stainless one was from Dirt Performance Inc I believe part number 4-500 2008 Teryx Power Tip it says on the box.

**Edit - Both tips gone. Will try to ship as soon as I can.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sent PM on other tip.

New to Teryx, but I am looking forward to doing some mods on the new 2008 I am in the process of purchasing.

THANKS! Magellan

P.S. I'm on Northern Minnesota, so if it didn't melt in NC, it shouldn't melt up here in the "frozen tundra".

·
Registered
158 Posts
I can't even add another billet or stainless tip to my stock exhaust. after losing the first one I had only 1 bolt left with a piece of the billet tip. I tried to remove it, it broke, then busted my bolt puller outter thing trying to get the rest of it out. Now it's in there for good.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I can't even add another billet or stainless tip to my stock exhaust. after losing the first one I had only 1 bolt left with a piece of the billet tip. I tried to remove it, it broke, then busted my bolt puller outter thing trying to get the rest of it out. Now it's in there for good.
Could you not weld a tip on?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Has anyone ever just cut the screen off the stock arrestor. That is what I was thinking of. And who sells that billet tip,maybe I dont want to cut of the screen in case I ever needed it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts