Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
JDB,

No airbox needed, just a UNI filter I promise and there is no performance gain with a air intake either and I promise that too.

If you have a 08 and want performance we have a much better option for you and you can ask lots of people on here about it.
Have you ran flow comparisons with other filters?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all I have orderd a UNI filter with the flange and I will change my oil at the same time I replace the filter I am going to send out an oil sample just to see if any dirt got past the rings.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
SRX,

I won't get into such a long answer answer here but added flow does not mean what you might think it does.

Example:

If an engine can only use 80cfm and someone offers a intake or filter or whatever that flows 200cfm then you have 120cfm you can't even use. Besides that if it does not give the proper amount of vacuum then the CV carbs won't work right.

We have HP numbers and faster acceleration numbers that say more than CFM numbers.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have verry fine dust on the rubber inside the intake is this normal?
You never want dirt on the inside it might not do anything but it can blow the top end of your motor. To tell you the truth I would definetly run at least a better filter and keep up on matience such as cleaning and oiling. I really want to recomend our airbox and filter kit it will get you a 2 HP gain and it's about an hour install. Hope this helps we run them on every car we build and never have that problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have been told that K&N makes a really good filter for the 08's. Does anyone know if this is true? I'm not into buying stuff that doesn't work.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Ya I hear that I run K&N on my dirt bikes and they work great they just hate water and the flow so well that the jet are kinda touchy. but they work thats for sure

·
Registered
98 Posts
SRX,

I won't get into such a long answer answer here but added flow does not mean what you might think it does.

Example:

If an engine can only use 80cfm and someone offers a intake or filter or whatever that flows 200cfm then you have 120cfm you can't even use. Besides that if it does not give the proper amount of vacuum then the CV carbs won't work right.

We have HP numbers and faster acceleration numbers that say more than CFM numbers.
That makes sense, just want the most safe air possible. If your running stock motor with cdi,jet kit,coils and Muzzy's or Dasa exh. is the Uni going to flow enough?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Yes the UNI will flow better and with our jet and intake mod you will get 6hp between 15 and 25 mph, it is a real kick in the pants difference.

Just start a new thread asking if the HW carb kit is worth it or not and you will find out.

Below is a pic of a K&N filter after 250 miles and it was properly oiled.

·
Registered
98 Posts
That's kind of what I thought with the K&N's....I do run them on my vehicles and don't have any of that in the duct's. After seeing the RZR youtube vids of there system I'm very aprehensive on what filter to use. What about the small foam ring that butts up to the air cleaner housing, is that letting in any dirt and how can you get that real clean?

Do you have a pic of your "intake Mod" ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts