Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Be careful, even on a EFI UTV playing with the air box can be tricky.

I can tell you there is no gain with a stock engine no matter what you do with the air box. I dynoed it every which way but loose and sometimes you will find lower RPM power is lost and it is because the air intake sensor sees the loss of vacuum as a pressure rise and shoots more fuel in.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Be careful, even on a EFI UTV playing with the air box can be tricky.

I can tell you there is no gain with a stock engine no matter what you do with the air box. I dynoed it every which way but loose and sometimes you will find lower RPM power is lost and it is because the air intake sensor sees the loss of vacuum as a pressure rise and shoots more fuel in.

I dont know an exact numbers are but I have the Dasa pipes, MSD, Fuelatv intake, and EHS Airbox mod and I noticed a differance in throttle response compared to the stock cover and filter. especially after the Dasa pipes. But I did play with the MSD tuning a little. The airbox delete I would also agree not worth it on a stock engine.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I dont know an exact numbers are but I have the Dasa pipes, MSD, Fuelatv intake, and EHS Airbox mod and I noticed a differance in throttle response compared to the stock cover and filter. especially after the Dasa pipes. But I did play with the MSD tuning a little. The airbox delete I would also agree not worth it on a stock engine.
I would agree, but it was the pipes that did it. The Muzzy for example gains 0-50 speeds 4 seconds quicker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts