Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any one knows how many amps the teryx is putting out and at what rpm it has to be to be putting out X amount of amps. I have the oddessy 925 battery and i am running a alpine amp that i bought from ssv works that they say is a digital amp and i am planning on adding another amp and i know if you keep adding things that draw power you will soon start having power issues. Does any one have any suggestions as to what one can do to eliminate having power issues other than adding another battery or is that my only option. I am going to a ATV RUV event where lots of people have alot of boom boxes in ther tery beds and me and a freind of mine are planning on throwing in some type of box with some subs and 6 x 9's that will be remove and only use occasionally. I currenty have a 500 watt amp that runs all my permanant radio equipment and the add on box that i am planning on puttting in the bed (that will be removed after the event) will be 1000 watts. Any sugggestion will be appreciated.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Not sure if this helps, but the '09 service manual says this:

Charging System
Alternator Type I Three-phase AC
Charging Voltage 114- 15V
(RegulatorlRectifier Output Voltage) I
Alternator Output Voltage 154 - 80 V at 4 000 rlmin (rpm)
Stator Coil Resistance 10.25 - 0.37 0

·
Registered
1 Posts

Charging System
Thanks for the help. Was wondering that too

·
Registered
65 Posts

Charging System
I believe those are the stator specs before the regulator/rectifier.

It should be putting out 24amps/14volts above idle someplace before 2000rpms to charge the battery.

If I was running that much sound and tons of other electronics, I'd go w/ a dual battery setup especially if it was gonna be on for extended amounts of time while you're parked.
But if you are only gonna do it once in awhile and not park alot, just upgrade your battery.
A lot of ppl like the Oddyssey if they are concerned about weight, but I'm not, so I went w/ an Optima D34M BlueTop. It is a dual purpose marine battery that I've been running in boats for years.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok i now have two oddyssey pc 925. All my amps add up too 1300 watts. Seems to run longer than expected but yet i do not run it at full volume or have the gains all the way up. I also will be toting a Honey Well 1000 watt generator that i am going to be running if i plan on running for a long time. Thanks for the replies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts