Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
I switched to it and notice since doing so I tend to be going through more oil...and Amsoil isn't cheap. I may switch back to 5w40 in the Winter and 10W40 in the summer...also might switch back to regular mineral oil.

·
Registered
199 Posts
FYI, a lot of people run that oil and have no issues, etc. Up to you really...Amsoil is supposed to be up there with the best.

·
Registered
282 Posts
thats all i have run in mine (and now the 840 bbk) since its first oil change... i do not burn any oil at all. it is more expensive than other standard oils, but i like the added protection, plus i do not need to do oil changes as frequently. i think overall through out a season it averages out to about the same cost. i recommend it to anyone!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm not sure what the cause is for my burning so much oil...I know I have a leak in my seal going to the front diff...maybe even the back one...other then that I don't know.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I guess it is the thin that is causing some problems. Had another customer running thin synthetic and it was pushing oil bad, ran it in my Duramax diesel and it developed a leak that leaked 2qt outs. Put regular back and it slowed it to almost nothing again.

It is a very arguable point and doubt the answer will ever get solved, so try and see what happens for you. As for me and what I ran in a Teryx with no issues was just any brand oil in 10w40. We cross country raced it too.

Todd

·
Registered
526 Posts
Im due for a oil change. Should i use oem kawasaki oil or any ole 10w40??? All please give me your opinion. I would just like to use valvevoline,havoline,quakerstate etc. in 10w40. What do yall think.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Since you have no wet clutch then any of those brands will be fine in 10w40. You will NEVER find any proof using any of those caused a engine to fail.

Use that in a Rhino and the only thing that will fail is the wet clutch and that is proven.

The new Teryx 4 with a wet clutch better use a ATV oil.

Again my opinion is probably not shared on all forums but keep in mind there is a lot what I call splitting hairs on a forum and at the end of the day it does not really matter.

And after nine years of being in the UTV industry, cross country racing three different vehicles, winning two championships, owning no less than 12 UTV's using the above method I have never had a engine failure.

I love the example of there is some 90 year old man who has been smoking for 75 years and does not have cancer but we all know that is not a good practice. So I mean that no matter brand or style of oil someone is going to have a good experience with it while the overwhelming majority of people who own any ATV/UTV without a wet clutch use automotive oil with no issues. The main thing is don't let it run low of what ever you use!!

Todd

1 - 10 of 10 Posts