Teryx HQ banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I took my carbs off and was going to install a dyno jet kit, decided to wait and put the carbs back on. Heres my question, when i start the teryx using the choke, after about ten minutes the idle races up pretty high. I have checked all the connections and vacuum hoses and cant seem to find abything loose or not hooked up. Any suggestions?

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
If I understand you correctly, you did not dissasemble any of your carb right?

Check to make sure the choke cables are not kinked where they attach to the carbs. Mine got kinked when I reinstalled them and that caused issues.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Ya it is almost like a high idle on a diesel truck. Is there something slowing fuel when cold and then when warm is no longer restricting it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The ten minutes is about how long it idled before it started racing, if you push the choke in it idles down just fine. I did take the bowl off of one carb but that was it. I have checked and rechecked, i may just take them off again and take a look for something ive missed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The "choke" on most motorcycles ,atvs and utvs does'nt choke the air off but actually adds fuel so as your teryx warms up the engine raises RPM because now its utilizing
all the fuel more efficiently !!!!:D:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It didnt start doing this until after i pulled the carbs off. Didnt know if maybe the beer.... I mean i might have missed something..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine does the samething even my rhino did it your are just adding gas and NOT
choking air off like on automotive carbs....They make a kit for desert racers that
puts the lever on the handle bars so they could turn it on when running wide open
so they wouldnt lean out this worked great for the old 2-strokes!!!! I dont think you
have a problem if the carbs on your teryx werent seated properly then it would idle rough or not at all !!!!:D:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts