Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an owner of a 2010 Teryx and a 2005 750 Brute force and would like to know if anyone has seen any high mileage machines with this engine? My Brute Force Crankshaft and rod relationship went south at 1186 miles! this destroyed the crank and both rods along with spreading rod bushing debris through out. This was caused by a plugged oil passage going to the main crank left bushing. excess Kawi-bond plugged the passage! even if i had changed oil and filters daily , this would still have happened. My 2010 Teryx with 542 miles used a pint of oil on the last 3 hour trail ride i took. Just really curious if these engines are capable of reaching any high miles or hours without changing the crankshaft,rods,cases,oil pump etc... every 2000 miles or so. I check my oil before and after each ride and clean my air filter(UNI) also. I am not in any way bashing these engines or trying to stir up anything. just hoping to get some good feedback.:)

·
Registered
62 Posts
i have 1725 miles and 160 hrs so far....not a single problem...im actually servicing mine today. i change enigne, front a rear diff oils all the same time, i use a twin air filter and clean it every ride, and i might change the original belt for the first time today (depends on what it look like when i pull the inspection cover off). i havent even ran the valves yet, it still starts very quickly and runs just a good as the day i bought it. biggest mistake ive seen people do on air filter maintainence is not sealing the mating surfaces of filter, end cap and cage with a thin coat of grease. believe it or not alot of dust can enter through there. dont know if its enough to wipe out a motor in a short time like that but better safe than sorry..

·
Registered
62 Posts
mine has 3800 but had to do head werk at 3000,it may blow tonight but its been a good one ,lot of( HARD) miles.for what u pay for them they should last alot longer.i chang my oil every 300 miles using syntheic mobilone racing oil.keep the air filter clean . had a problem with dust when i first got it took som towles an covered all the gaps behind the seats and solved that.good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 4500 miles on my prairie and no problems except for the valves. Just bought my teryx and have less than 100 miles on it but expect the same or better engine life.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts