Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everyone, well I am sure you can tell that we have redesigned the look of the time. Thus far, what does everyone think? There are small small things that need to be fixed, however, for the most part is is complete.

Also, anything you feel could make the header better? We are running out of ideas and was hoping maybe you guys had some thoughts.

Thanks, don't be shy, let us know what you like, dislike, etc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
site

Dieselpowered, really like the new colors red, black didn't dig the light blue great work thanks.

·
Registered
193 Posts
New post button? Can't find it, and that's the way I always used the forum. Can we get that?

On edit: See it now....I missed the row of clickable words at the very top....I was looking much lower.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Top notch new look.
Needs a few more smileys such as this thread is useless with out pictures and things like that.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone, let me see what I can do for you on the smilies :good:

Appreciate everyone taking the time! So you all like the header?

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I'd like to see the new posts button larger and at the bottom of the header similar to the link back button or the post reply button at the top of the thread or better yet at the bottom of the thread similar to that post reply button. It would keep me on site longer keep hitting that button. (Your site is addicting.):laugh:

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks my friend, there are a couple of small items that I would like to change so far as well as a few things I see that need to be fixed. I will see what I can do for you :)

Thanks for the props.

We will see what the designer can do, I know he is reading this thread right now lol ;)

·
Registered
115 Posts
I realy like the lay out of the forum and the color scheme that I am looking at is alot better than the white that you made us stare at for a couple weeks :good:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Looks pretty good!! I like

Might as well do away with "Rate this Thread" and,
Rating - Reputation feedback, no need for them here....well no one uses them anyway!

When ever replying or posting maybe have something like a "preview" of what you typed?

Agree with the New Posts button make it a big button on top of the thread you're reading...or embedd it right next to the title of each thread post.....that way it is right there in front of you.

Like the different layout of the "switch modes" don't know if I noticed that before.

Add a jokes and humor section under the "general forums"

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hey man looks sharp. Is this what you were doing last night? The colors look good also I wasn't a fan of the blue and white but you already knew that.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I now notice I am never logged out! Don't know if you changed something? But it is nice, not having to log back in every hour! ;)

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks pretty good!! I like

Might as well do away with "Rate this Thread" and,
Rating - Reputation feedback, no need for them here....well no one uses them anyway!

When ever replying or posting maybe have something like a "preview" of what you typed?

Agree with the New Posts button make it a big button on top of the thread you're reading...or embedd it right next to the title of each thread post.....that way it is right there in front of you.

Like the different layout of the "switch modes" don't know if I noticed that before.

Add a jokes and humor section under the "general forums"
Sure I can add a jokes and humor section, no problem with that. I am looking into different things I can do with the "New Posts" button to help you all out. You can actually click on preview when you are done typing to see how it is going to look. Not on the quick reply, but when you are in the full editor.

Hey man looks sharp. Is this what you were doing last night? The colors look good also I wasn't a fan of the blue and white but you already knew that.
I worked a little on it that night, the designer is who did all the real work, lol.

I miss the "mark forum read" button at the bottom of the new post page. I have to go back to home page and then do it.
I have coded this in, you will see in the lower right hand side of the window when you do a search it till show "Mark Forums Read"

I now notice I am never logged out! Don't know if you changed something? But it is nice, not having to log back in every hour! ;)
Thats good news, glad it is working correctly for you.

I like it, just have to get use to it, alot brighter, honestly I liked the old one too!
I did like the older dark style as well, however, some said it was too cluttered and not the easiest to navigate, just trying to make the site the best it can be for everyone :good:

Thanks again everyone for your comments, I have not seen any comments about the header, so I suppose everyone likes it. Personally, I think it needs something, just does not jump out at you, but who knows.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Thanks again everyone for your comments, I have not seen any comments about the header, so I suppose everyone likes it. Personally, I think it needs something, just does not jump out at you, but who knows.
How about a animated teryx GIF doing a wheelie or a 360 thru the header!

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How about a animated teryx GIF doing a wheelie or a 360 thru the header!
I will see is there is something we can do with animating something or something along those lines :)

On a separate note, I have added the humor area under the off-topic section.

I did want to ask everyone their thoughts on having a forum for political discussions. I know this is a Teryx site, however, I also know that some people enjoy discussing politics.

With that said, if I were to create this forum it would not be open, people would need to subscribe to it in order to access it and read / post threads. If they choose not to subscribe, they would never see any of the posts insides even when clicking 'New Posts' or doing searches.

I know those types of discussions can get heated so if we think it will devalue the site, please let me know.

Thoughts?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts