Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were headed there in May. We go twice a year. Weve been going for the past 31 years!

I first went there when I was 10 months old, now I take my kids there. Very good riding, even better for the Teryxs, as you could ride the beach, hit the dunes, hit the Baja 250 course, discover desert beaches, check out the "Valle de los gigantes" giant cactus', then cruise your Teryx into town and grub on a fish taco and chase it with cold beers.

Anyone else go there?

·
Registered
158 Posts
The first time I went I was about 10 it was with my best friend and his family it was great we went every year for 5-6 years and stayed at the El Cortez. We used to rent quads from the locals and ride the beaches, ride into town, it was a blast. I havent been there since I was 16 and now Im 38. But me and my buddy that I used to go with still talk about making it back there someday.... Damn that shit was fun

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, lets roll. We stay at the camp sight next door (south of the hotel). I take my toyhauler and utalize the full hook ups. Its RIGHT on the beach.

This was before I wised up and bought the Teryx... please forgive me. LOL

·
Registered
158 Posts
I would love to go but I havent got a Rex yet Im waiting to do my taxes and then I should have enough $$$$. But hell yea I would love to go. I cant remember if there was a campground next to the Hotel when I used to go. I think the Hotel was kinda new at the time. Then there used to be a place called "THE CLAM MAN" he had these giant billboards that said " my clams make you horny". That shit always cracked me up. Where do you live 5150Marcelo

·
Registered
158 Posts
Cool another local. When I get one maybe we can meet up for a trip. We go to Glamis Pismo and Ocotillo/ Salton Sea. Im hoping to get one soon the families getting big so I cant be buying everyone quads.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet. Let me know. We pretty uch hit the same areas... plus I hunt the shit outta the salton sea/ocotillo areas. I have shot 27 coyotes during the winter out there!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thats funny about the Coyotes, kill em all. My 3 year old kept asking me if there were coyotes out here last week when we were in Ocotillo and I told her that Im sure there are, for some reason shes scared of them, I think its from that dora & diego cartoon. Next time I will tell here not to worry cause Marcelo the coyote hunter has got it under control.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Swiper, no Swiping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!

Here are a few shots of my predator population control. (all these at or near the Salton Sea and Ocotillo)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heres one that I called in and it snook up behind my buddy... It looks like it was ready to pounce on him, but in fact, it was hitting the brakes once it saw my buddy. As soon as I snapped this shot, I called out to my buddy to spin around. He didnt, and we got the kill.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Iin San Felipe, my son and I wake up at the butt crack of dawn. I take him for a ride towards the mountains. I find a cool looking valley where we can sit and over see a large area and I start calling. Its cool to watch these coyotes come running in (watching only, no guns in Mexico), then at the last minute, we start barking at the coyotes and watch them run off. My son cant wait to actually bag his first one, but he's still a little too small to shoot. He's only 4. I told him at 5, i'll take him to bag one whit his Ruger 22.
I was using this hand call that my buddy makes from deer antlers.

Being that nobody hunts San Felipe, there is ZERO pressure on these dogs. They come in full throttle. Its like a dinner bell is ringing for them. GAWD how id love to get my 22-250 down there and put a small dent in the coyote population!

·
Registered
158 Posts
So what the hell do you do with the dead coyotes, just toss em? Nice Jeep by the way, i used to take my Samurai out there before we sold it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So what the hell do you do with the dead coyotes, just toss em? Nice Jeep by the way, i used to take my Samurai out there before we sold it.
Um... I guess you can say we catch and release them. :laugh:

Naw, theres no regulation on coyotes as far as harvesting them. We just leave them. Theyre varmints. We do toss them outta sight tho as not to have families ridin by and see a pool of blood and guts along the family riding trail. LOL

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ha its Coyote abatement... sounds fun, I bet your boys gonna have fun. I was at at Turners a while back and almost bought the cricket for my daughters, its a 22 with a pink stock. I'm trying to work a deal on a Teryx now at Mid Cities, hopefully I'll have it soon.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know exactly what the cricket is. Cool rifle for the kids.

I used to be a tech at mid cities... many many moons ago. I worked there for a bit in the late 90's/early 2000ish as a m/c and pwc tech. They still know me well. I went there to get a deal on a Teryx, but was sadly dissappointed on what they offered me. Ended up going to Santa Barbra to buy it for about $900 cheaper.

By far the best price at that time was up there.

What are they quoting you for on a 09/10?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Havent got a good answer yet, I talked to some dude named Jim. He had a LE for like 9600 + fees. I said I would give hime cash 9600 OTD he said the owner was out at a meeting took my info and said he would call back, well he never called back so either my offer sucked or he wasnt intrested but he could have called back. So when i get my tax return Im gonna go back and try to talk to another salesman and hope he wants to sell something. I also PMd a member here that has one in seal beach that said he dropped his orig asking price but havent got a reply yet. Looks like theres alot of good deal out of state but out here they are slim. I may go visit my bro in Az I think the deals are are little better out there, but Im in no rush I got more time than money

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What LE? Silver or Blue? If its the blue, theyve had that SOB there since sept. Hold strong on your price. Hold till they completely blow you off. Then negotiate from there as you wish. I made an offer of 10 OTD when I was there. They siad it sounds good, then never called me back. Salesman there was Robin. He worked there when I was there too. He's a fag. He's should still be there. I believe he's the sales manager.
I think theyll let it go for 9600. Just talk CA$H money. I ended up getting mine for 10K OTD in Santa Barbra in Oct 2009.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts