Teryx HQ banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is probably a reach but just wondering if anyone has some cad drawings for the front back and mid skid plate are even just for one.

Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am also super interested in this myself. I would even be willing to pay a reasonable amount for the files. I need new skids in a bad bad way and this would save tons of time building them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am also super interested in this myself. I would even be willing to pay a reasonable amount for the files. I need new skids in a bad bad way and this would save tons of time building them.
Well i am going to ask around for a few days but them i am just going to make drawings from cad myself and if i do that i will defiantly share after i got them cut and fitting properly

·
Registered
106 Posts
Gosh, I hope not. Can't sell skid plates this way!! LOL
Im not sure I follow. While I have bought stuff from you guys in the past for my old rhino and would not have a problem ordering from hunterworks again in the future I have no intention of buying skid plates from you now or ever. One big reason would be shipping cost. But I do have a friend with a CNC plasma table and he often times will work out trade work with me for my own personal stuff. If a member has anything like said cad files and was willing to share it would not be taking money from you but it would allow someone like me trying to desert race on a very limited budget an opportunity to upgrade. I have built a new front one from 12ga Homemade Front Skideplate "garage fab" - Kawasaki Teryx Forum but I would like to do a full aluminum set for my self.

I understand you guys are paying forum vendors. Thats awesome thank you for that. But I dont see the need to discourage a community from sharing information about the one thing the community is based around. Their can be more then the generic forum answer of "Call one of our vendor they will take care of you."

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well i am going to ask around for a few days but them i am just going to make drawings from cad myself and if i do that i will defiantly share after i got them cut and fitting properly
Awesome thanks. I have some cad files for a frame repair kit if you ever run across needing those hit me up. I have no problems sharing with people that will use them.

·
Registered
780 Posts
ireplied to you guys, but in case anyone is wondering...
I do not have any files right now. I am just now trying to get a new computer setup and all my teryx stuff back on it. I have something in the works to get cad back on my computer, once that happens, I will be back in business, but cant promise a time frame for getting things done. Best case would be to get cad here, installed, learn the updated features and get the models done this weekend. Most likely it will be about a month and thats gonna depend on if I can get the 2010 manuals started this week or next.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Got a pice of 3/8 black hard plastic,96 x 50 for 70.00. You are crazy to by something thot esey to make. x 2 on tod being a good guy. have boought from him also.Deviant Illusion you inspare me to do my own stuf. Rock sliders are next 20.00 worth of pipe.Fun is the best thing to have.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
I understand you guys are paying forum vendors. Thats awesome thank you for that. But I dont see the need to discourage a community from sharing information about the one thing the community is based around. Their can be more then the generic forum answer of "Call one of our vendor they will take care of you."
Seriously bro? I'm positive Todd was just joking...there is no reason to call him out on that "off the cuff" comment...There is plenty of sharing here...we even have our own "do it yourself" section...if there is any CAD drawings to be had I'm sure they will work their way into a "sticky" thread...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Seriously bro? I'm positive Todd was just joking...there is no reason to call him out on that "off the cuff" comment...There is plenty of sharing here...we even have our own "do it yourself" section...if there is any CAD drawings to be had I'm sure they will work their way into a "sticky" thread...
If Todd was joking then your correct my comment was inappropriate. And I am totally sorry about that. He does great tech videos that has helped me out a ton. He is a great guy to have on the forum and as a vendor. And actually after reading your post I went back and looked at his and with his !! lol I did mis understand what he said. Im sorry about that todd.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Knowing Todd like I do I feel sure he is deffintely joking, We rednecks from Miss and LA sometimes rattle off at the mouth just joking and not realize someone might actually take us serious while we are just trying to be a comedian but on a serious note while talking about skid plates, I talked to someone on here the other day and he was telling me he had modified his skid plate to conduct air from under teryx up through the engine compartment and it made a big difference on engine temps, any of you guys doing anything like this

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I assure you I was merely kidding around but please don't start asking about wiring schematics for ignition units or you really will put me out of business.

I don't sell enough skid plates to buy my lunch.

I'm not upset at all, I can see how you could have taken what I said especially if you don't know me. You were right, the LOL was to show I was kidding.

As for you Big Daddy, since you didn't buy your engine kit thru me and you didn't let us build it but you want me to tune it, expect it to be expensive!!!

Trying to decide to put a LOL behind that or not!!

Todd:D

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I assure you I was merely kidding around but please don't start asking about wiring schematics for ignition units or you really will put me out of business.

I don't sell enough skid plates to buy my lunch.

I'm not upset at all, I can see how you could have taken what I said especially if you don't know me. You were right, the LOL was to show I was kidding.

As for you Big Daddy, since you didn't buy your engine kit thru me and you didn't let us build it but you want me to tune it, expect it to be expensive!!!

Trying to decide to put a LOL behind that or not!!

Todd:D
I was really thinking that you would pay me to have the honor of tuning it, but not to worry I am not going to charge you, Lets just charge it to the Dust and let the Rain settle it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
modified his skid plate to conduct air from under teryx up through the engine compartment and it made a big difference on engine temps
The only problem I see with this is the added dust and dirt it will add to the engine compartment in dirt/dusty enviroments. It you were trail riding it may be okay but I know out here in the west with the open deserts it would be no bueno and would kill air filters even quicker.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts