Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at the dynatek coils for my 08' Teryx. They advertise a 2 hp increase. I was just wondering if they are worth spending the money? Will i notice a difference?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I have asked the same questions and the answers I have got lead me to conclusion that I would not see any difference in hp on a stock ride, maybe someone else can tell you but I seem to get alot of uncertian answers and really left me wondering so unless I hear something different I will not spend that kind of money because they are not cheap, sorry cause I know I did not give you a good answer but that is what I got and not even alot of people even responded to my post, I will watch your post because I want to know more myself.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have asked the same questions and the answers I have got lead me to conclusion that I would not see any difference in hp on a stock ride, maybe someone else can tell you but I seem to get alot of uncertian answers and really left me wondering so unless I hear something different I will not spend that kind of money because they are not cheap, sorry cause I know I did not give you a good answer but that is what I got and not even alot of people even responded to my post, I will watch your post because I want to know more myself.
Ok, Im thinking DASA will chime in or something.
Forgot to mention, I am running a gibson exhaust with dynatek CDI.

·
Registered
8 Posts
personal opinion

Guys, I personally went through the same when it came to the Coils. I road 500+miles with a very annoying miss. Had a lot of backfiring on deceleration. I did the coils and all of my miss is gone and they did help with the backfiring. Also it does start faster. I personally think it is good money spent. :wave:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys, I personally went through the same when it came to the Coils. I road 500+miles with a very annoying miss. Had a lot of backfiring on deceleration. I did the coils and all of my miss is gone and they did help with the backfiring. Also it does start faster. I personally think it is good money spent. :wave:
I do have a little bit of backfiring. Especially when I shut off the motor. It does one good backfire right as I turn the key.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree with Todd

I agree with Todd about the extra money and I do think that the box should not be sold without the coils. Or they could fix the problem. Todd has the best info about all of this on here somewhere. I think he has it figured out with his resistance testing. By the way guys if you want straight answers with no bull shit ask HUNTER Works.:good:

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
The coils will NOT give you any increase in HP, the backfiring is a lean condition that can be fixed in the carbs.

As for the miss it fixes, I will go along with it but have a issue giving Dynatek more money to fix an issue caused by another one of their products
I 100% agree with this...

·
Registered
113 Posts
I my opinion I would save your $ 200.00 dollars. I tried them cause I had some decel popping, they did not help my prob. I didn't notice any difference from the stock ones as far as performance goes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been looking at the dynatek coils for my 08' Teryx. They advertise a 2 hp increase. I was just wondering if they are worth spending the money? Will i notice a difference?
I noticed no more power. It will just start much easier no choke needed :wave:and no more miss with the dynatek

1 - 10 of 10 Posts