Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 3 years of State work into creating the new registration requirements for OHV in Nevada the new law went into effect on July 1, 2012. Many people have paid the registration fee's, but have not recv'd the registration stickers. Per "Kim" at Nevada DMV OHV the stickers haven't been printed yet and won't be printed for several more weeks. Just an FYI for everyone.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow, where have I been? We got nothing in the mail, nor have seen anything about it in the local paper. California, slowly creeping in. :cookoo[1]:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, California is here :-( Since you got yours from Private party you are not required to license it before July1st of 2013. The Nevada license/registration is good in California and no Calif green sticker is required. In order to register it you have to get the forms off the internet, they won't let you walk into DMV to register them. It will require a VIN Inspection by Law Enforcement or a Licensed Dealer. You can get a regular Nevada title for it also, but that is an extra fee. Here is a link to the requirements.

Registration | Nevada Commission on Off-Highway Vehicles

·
Registered
40 Posts
I guess I will load up the Teryx and my Kingquad and take them to Renner Honda Powersports since they are the only dealer in Fallon. But the Churchill Sheriff's Dept are pretty good about it too, so I may give them a call and just have an officer come out.

About the only good thing about it is if one is stolen, at least DMV has proof I am the owner, plus being able to go to Commiefornia with them and not having to purchase a non-resident sticker. I would like to take either one up in the Sierras for a camp trip sometime.

I told my wife about this, and she printed up the forms on the link you provided.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been wanting to do some riding over in Dog Valley which is mostly in Calif. That is the only reason I bought the sticker so early.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Let me know if/when you go. I wouldn't mind tagging along. I have been meaning to get out there with my little lifted/winched 4x4 Suzuki Sidekick, but just haven't made it yet. The Teryx would be fun too. Just getting out of the desert would be a treat right now. I finally told my boss I'm done working 5 days a week, so will have Fridays off from now on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts