Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to potentially install some sort of audio system in the Teryx. I am curious if anyone else has done this and what they used for speakers, where they mounted them, etc.

One thing I am considering is not using a deck, just an iPod hookup or something along those lines. Not sure, however, does anyone know if there is a way for me to run Sirius radio without using a deck? I know I would need the Sirius unit, however, there has to be a way to send the output directly to the amp.

Another challenge, however, would be finding a location to install a second battery.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
722 Posts
My cousins Teryx is at Unleashed UTV getting more stereo put in. He is running just the sirius without a deck. I am not sure how they did the speakers but you could stop by and check it out. I will be hanging out with them in the next few weeks I can get some then or if you want give me a call and I will put you in touch with my cousin.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am speaking with a company on a possible audio solution. I will be sure to keep everyone in the loop once I receive more information.

·
Registered
293 Posts
im just running an audiopipe with my mp3.im in to much mud to have anything nicer than that

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the audio pipe an amplified tube?

·
Registered
293 Posts
yes, 2 alpine 6.5's and a 200 watt amp enclosed in a tube.it has a 3.5 mm cord and a power point plug coming out of it to hook it up

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And then I assume it has RCA inputs for the hookup to the deck?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did a cheap stereo install about $200 that was the weatherproof box for the tuner and 2 6.5 " speakers mounted in a 6" pvc elbow bought at lowes , i put a "U" BOLT thru the pipe and bolted it to the cage works good, sounds good, and is some what mud proof. I'll try to get some picks posted

·
Registered
722 Posts
Thats a clever idea for mounting the speakers. Pics would be cool I guess I need a stereo in mine now.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Post up some pics of your setup,im fixing to do me one.

I did a cheap stereo install about $200 that was the weatherproof box for the tuner and 2 6.5 " speakers mounted in a 6" pvc elbow bought at lowes , i put a "U" BOLT thru the pipe and bolted it to the cage works good, sounds good, and is some what mud proof. I'll try to get some picks posted

·
Registered
12 Posts
im thinking of mounting an amp under the rear seat and a box between the tailgate and rear seat. or building one to fit between the front seats

·
Registered
31 Posts
I dont want any stereo componets below seat level..the higher the better..already had passenger seat under water and the tailgate under water...

·
Registered
293 Posts
And then I assume it has RCA inputs for the hookup to the deck?

no,no head unit just plugs right into my ipod/mp3 player,and its 100% waterproof!

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ahhh ok, you are using a deck as well...was not sure due to the fact the audiopipe is self amplified.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Ahhh ok, you are using a deck as well...was not sure due to the fact the audiopipe is self amplified.
im not using a deck, just an mp3 player :eek:

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL whoops, I got turned about with the two no's in your post...gotcha now :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Dang guess I will start looking for an amp and a few marine speakres for the Teryx and put in a mp3 player loaded with some 80's hair music.

·
Registered
293 Posts
theres plenty of HAIR music on mine,lol!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts