Teryx HQ banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Ahhh ok...I have just heard that it is best to drain the tank, rinse it out, let it dry, and then do the work due to fuel vapors.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm sure that would be best on a safety standpoint to drain and clean the tank, but I didn't see a problem with it since I was just drilling plastic. I had the fuel cap off when I drilled, but I could see an explosion happening if one were to leave the fuel cap in place and then drill. Once the bit pierced the tank, the pressure in the tank would relieve and the spark from the drill motor may cause an explosion. Everytime I have taken the cap off of the fuel tank on this Teryx, I can hear and smell the pressure release. The directions that came with the kit, didn't mention draining the tank either. The directions were for a Rhino.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Ahhh ok well excellent!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I made my wife be the fuel gauge that way when I run out I get to yell at her lol. Actually I would love to have a gauge also hopefully the aftermarket is listening.
Got that right Neverenough!!! I think gas should be black or someother color so it would show up better in the viewing slot...This is a rinky-dink deal on the Teryx. Can't believe they couldn't come up with something better than this.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts