Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let everyone know that you can now order the Arizona off-highway vehicle decal online at:

ServiceArizona

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wish i would have done that. Went to dmv on the 29th and couldn't get the decal yet. They weren't sure if i could get it online, so i went back on the second and got it after standing in line for an hour and a half. Wanted to get it before i went back home to cali. Oh well. The only consolation is they said the cost to register for the street should go down next year as they figure they will have more vehicles registered now, bringing in more income. I won't hold my breath though!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yea I got mine on Service AZ. For some reason I thought if you were streel legal it would not be the full $26.10 after tax. but after going though the online steps it looks like everyone pays the same if under 1800lbs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
This was a huge camfire discussion with my camp over there weekend. If your teryx or rhino is street legal then do you need the sticker? cuz a truck nor jeep needs one since to take off road. if you are street lagal you are exempt is what my neighbor who lives next door told me and he is a sheriff after he saw that i have a mc plate and not the rv plate

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In speaking with AZ Game and Fish they say yes. A Jeeps primary function is not an offroad vehicle where they say a UTV or ATV is.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here are the three questions the DMV will ask when you buy the permit on ServiceAZ.com

Plate number, and last 4 of VIN.

1. Is your off road vehicle 1800lbs or less?
2. Do you have a AZ plate? (I'm Guessing this includes RV and MC plates)
3. Do you use your vehicle off-road?

Thanks for your $26.10
Print out your confirmation number to have on you while waiting for the sticker.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This whole thing is so new I am not sure who will be enforcing it. I will talk to Game and Fish tomorrow and see if they have any additional information.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The major difference is the RV or MC on the license plate. You do not have to pay for the expensive(over $100) MC plate for your SxS and you will have to renew the tags yearly. You can buy the lower priced($40) RV plate and then buy the OHV decal. The RV plate is a 1 time buy and the OHV is a renewal.

The difference in MC and RV is - MC 80% on road 20% off road, RV 20% on road 80% off road.
The RV is for those of us who just need to use the roads for a short distance to get from trail to trail - trailered to Bumblebee exit then off loaded then drive on the graded/unmaintained roads with a short drive on pavement in Mayer type of ride.
The MC is for those of us who live in Cave Creek and then drive it to Lake Pleasant and do the backside up to Crown King, then come down the front way and drive it back to Cave Creek on the frontage road.

The MC will also require an emission test later on, too. It will also require an Motorcycle endorsement on your driver's license.

·
Registered
151 Posts
This whole thing is so new I am not sure who will be enforcing it. I will talk to Game and Fish tomorrow and see if they have any additional information.
All AZ Police officers will be enforcing it. It is going to be another revenue stop for them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts