Teryx HQ banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at doing a few more upgrades to my 09 teryx wondering which is the best CDI i can get for a price that wont hurt my wallet too bad? Jetting is an easy project to look into?

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you have a 2009 you won't be doing any jetting, it should have fuel injection. The base mods should be MSD and an OD clutch cap. Those two are the basic foundation for everything else.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Pete is right, as far as I am concerned the MSD is the only way to go, it does it all air, fuel, timing, speed limiter, rpm limiter, and he is also right 2009 fuel injected no jets or carb. The MSD is going to run 350.00 give or take a few bucks but what ever you do is buy it from some of the venders on the forums that has a reputation of supplying good maps and there are several, I would not buy it on ebay!!!

·
Registered
983 Posts
I have billet over drive covers and MSD's instock and always on sale along with maps to support any mods. Give me a call or pm me and i will dial you in

619-840-7148

Steve

·
Registered
983 Posts
The dyna controls FUEL ONLY ... it will not remove the speed limiter, will not allow you to adjust the rev limiter and will not allow you to add or take away timming. Basically worthless IMO

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
The dyna controls FUEL ONLY ... it will not remove the speed limiter, will not allow you to adjust the rev limiter and will not allow you to add or take away timming. Basically worthless IMO
Thats kind of what I was thinking Steve but just didn't say it, without being able to remove the speed and rev limiter nothing else really matters because the stock machine will bang the shit out of the limiters at 51 mph.

·
Registered
14 Posts
hmmmm thats odd cause i got it and it did everything that you guys said it wouldnt.... Show to see not everyone knows everything... heres a little info for you guys and yes it did everything it says.....

Dynatek FS Ignition
DFS2-19
New
Fits the Kawasaki Teryx 750, '09-'11
Retails for $214.95
**Please note this unit piggy backs with your stock CDI ignition box**
Features:
9,000rpm limit! (8,000rpm stock)
Up to 60+ MPH
+7 Horsepower!
Overrides loose belt indicator for full performance at all times. No more limp-mode!
Removes forward and reverse speed limiter!
Increased spark energy
Improved throttle response
Easier starting
Improved timing curve
Plug-in module replacement
Easy mounting

·
Registered
14 Posts
everyone is mad dogging it but for the price this thing kicks ass. i got 59 out of my 10 i thought that was pretty good for basicly a stock teryx

·
Registered
983 Posts
No mad doggin it .... so no fuel controller right? Is the ignition timing adjustable? If the rev limiter is 9k now add an overdrive cover and your car should do about 65MPH.

Problem is now if you add a pipe ect you will need ANOTHER UNIT to adjust the fuel The msd for $375.00 is FULLY adjustable ignition, fully adjustable fuel and has the capacity to add multiple maps..... hey if your happy thats great, but the msd for the money .. for the teryx ... cannot be beat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts