Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installed 4-55watts on my teryx road last night after riding about a hour to two hours battery went while we were riding any help on this need help please

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
You will likely want to look into a second battery or an aftermarket battery like an Optima or Odyssey.

Another option is to look into an alternator kit.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Hold up!!

If you install a second battery then put a isolator in and make sure you wire it right. To do it right you need to find the wire off the rectifier and cut it and route it to the input on the isolator. Also, you will still run that battery down too with those lights but you will be able to crank up and go home.

A larger battery will make your issue maybe worse but at least you will get run them longer.

Better choice is get rid of lights and get two HID lights that draw 35watts each and put out 100 watt worth of light each.

·
Registered
266 Posts
would you install a in line battery to piggy back of the othier battery

Hey there,
I have installed the replacement HID headlight kit and 4 ea of the 4" Fuego HID's. I installed an Odessey battery, PC 1200, and run the lights directly off
the battery, so far with no problems. the HID's are only a high draw at first then very low draw on the battery. The stator puts a charge back into the battery while your driving. So, if there is any negative draw on the battery it is very small. However, I also drive during the daylight to make sure I charge up the battery to full chg.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What size Optima are you guys putting in your Teryx? Anyone mind helping me with the equation to figure out how long a battery will run?

Just figuring a standalone battery separate from the starter. I've been reading over at some marine forums on how Sailboats wire up their batteries. Instead of an isolator, which will cause you to loose about a 1/2 volt, they suggest using manual battery switches so you can manually perform the same functions as a isolator without the loss of voltage. Sounds like a pretty cool idea to me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
read this months sidexside magazine. I also talked with the engineers at rmstator and they stated that this is only suppose to be a replacement stator. The 25% was a dumb marketing move on their part. Even if you did get 25% it would only be about 72 Watts from stock and that's if your going full out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts