Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Your going to get a lot of replies here but here is my opinion.

No one needs two batteries unless they know they are drawing more than the charging system can put out and they use a isolator to separate them plus attach all accessories to second battery knowing at some point the battery will die but you will still be able to start and run cause you have them separated.

I recommend you use a deep cycle battery for second if you must, cause you will be charging it alot and discharging it alot.

You should also be prepared to charge the second battery at home on a charger.

Lastly and the most important thing, 95% of all people wire their isolator the wrong way.

Todd

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know I don't need 2 batteries and most people don't. I needed a larger battery for the 5,000# winch. I found out a long time ago your winch is no better than your battery. I chose Autozone's Duralast Gold. It has 1,000 cranking amps, 800 cold cranking amps and a reserve of 110. Complete change over including cable ends, new battery box and hold down kit $110.00, Less than half the price of the Odyssey or the Optima. It has 3 yr. free replacement & 5 more years pro-rated warranty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just pull all the brackets in the battery box out and ram a deep cycle battery in there $59.00 end of problems and lots of reserve for winch and the other stuff...Been there and done it and still alive and kickin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did u put a full size, 12v battery in there? What kind of add-ons do u run? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just checking all my options before I drop the cash on a new battery. Thanks for any help. Oh, I'm only running a 2,500 lb winch and a DFR cdi box as far as accessories go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts