Teryx HQ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have 160 hours on my 2008 Teryx and decided to check the belt. Using the technique shown in Hunterworks instructional video to check belt deflection, i had roughly 50mm. I know thats way over the service limit and was wondering if taking one or both of the shims out of the secondary would take enough slack out of it??? Also was wondering if i can take the belt off without having the special tools.. Seems like i saw something about using a piece of wood to keep the tension off of the belt so it could be rolled off?? The machine itself seems to do ok and not slip much if any at all???

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so your saying not to worry about belt deflection just how it sits in the sheave?? with pressure or no pressure?? what it comes down to is i need to have the thing ready by monday and i can drive to a dealership and get a new belt tomorrow and not worry about the shims if that will even work.. would the dealership sell the tool i need and what does the tool do?? can i rig something to work??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry for so many questions but even if i do replace the belt will it put my belt deflection back in or close to spec?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I could be wrong, but if you do that block of wood thing that Magellan suggested you won't have to remove the clutch to change the belt!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts