Teryx HQ banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a slipping belt cause a rattling noise and cause some overheating? Always thought my belt slips some every once in a while and then I started getting a rattling noise and sounds like it is coming from the clutches and recently it started overheating.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Is your belt falling apart/shreading and binding/dragging?
I assume your emergency break is off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the rattling noise is coming from the exhaust heat shields. The belt looks fine but it seems to have a lot of slack in it and seems to slip a lot in high gear especially when taking off. Yeah the emergency brake is off, it's got something that makes it buck and sputter if you try to take off with it on. Still not sure why it's overheating. Seems run fine for a while as long as I don't get over about 10mph. If I run 30 or 40 mph for a few minutes it overheats.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's completely clean. Thought it was the thermostat. Completely took the thermostat out and ran it and it still ran hot. Fan seems to come on fine but it starts to overheat and the fan stays on and can't seem to cool it down.

·
383 Posts
Heads gaskets! is the cooling system pressurized and puking coolant out the overflow ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The first time it boiled over and came out the overflow bottle line. Hasn't boiled over again just the light on the gauge comes on and the fan stays on. Thought with head gaskets you see coolant in the oil and less in the radiator. The radiator stays full of coolant no loss other than the little bit when it boiled over.

·
383 Posts
The first time it boiled over and came out the overflow bottle line. Hasn't boiled over again just the light on the gauge comes on and the fan stays on. Thought with head gaskets you see coolant in the oil and less in the radiator. The radiator stays full of coolant no loss other than the little bit when it boiled over.
Head gaskets can cause coolant in the oil, but is more likely to just pressurize the cooling system. It only leaks when the engine has heated up and the compresion from the cylinder leaks past the gasket into the cooling system. Mine did this also, it would run good for 30 minutes or so then start to pressurize the cooling system and sure enough when I took it apart you could see where the gaskets were leaking.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts