Teryx HQ banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well apparently I have done what I did'nt expect, popped a stump this weekend and busted a wheel and bent the frame behind the A-arm.

I guess what I need is alittle advice on how to deal with my insurance, I realize that a frame for the 08 is not available, but I don't see this as a part out job.

My 08 is in great condition, has'nt been mistreated and has low hours.

Do you buy it back and fix it?, or take the money and buy a new one? ( Sorry it would have to be a 09, the 2010's are not my cup of tea ).

Tell me what you guys think, should be good conversation, thanks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Join the club. Its a fact of SxS the frame bends their. My rhino did it and my teryx. I built a jig for suspension mounting points from the good side cut the bent stuff out rewelded and plated the frame and added new tabs for the arms. Beef it up beat the hell out of it and forget about it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I wouldn't deal with my insurance unless it was totaled. If they pay you off and you buy it back then it would have a salvage title.

Talk to XMF, I believe they have a kit to repair this. You may also want to talk to your local frame shop and see what advice they can offer.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, been on the phone with a adjuster and they plan on looking at it this week.

Honestly, this sucks, it was not a very high speed hit and at first I thought all I had did is pop the bead off the rim.

I will try to take a few pictures, the damage does'nt really look that bad, but the frame is definatly tweaked.

·
Registered
516 Posts
If it is not too bad just go see a frame shop and they can fix it up, probably re-inforce it also. Good luck.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Man!!! I am going to have to start a full frame repair buisness, some sort of exchange or something!! LOL what's a core chassi worth?? If I was in your shoes I would build myself a full new frame and make it better than the factory ever could.

·
Registered
189 Posts
i think thats what these venders should work on next, New aftermarket frames.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, they are not going to total it, apparently Kawasaki offers a frame now.

I believe I will take it to a frame shop and have them pull it out and gusset it, no sense in getting a new frame to just bend it too.

Seems like a 840 kit and muzzys will be in the future, maybe there is a silver lining after all, thanks for all the advice.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well, they are not going to total it, apparently Kawasaki offers a frame now.

I believe I will take it to a frame shop and have them pull it out and gusset it, no sense in getting a new frame to just bend it too.

Seems like a 840 kit and muzzys will be in the future, maybe there is a silver lining after all, thanks for all the advice.
Nice! thats just a week spot and if you drive hard its not if its just when it bends. Fix it make it stronger and enjoy the extra cash for the 840!

·
Registered
630 Posts
To my understanding you can purchase a 2010 frame from Kawie but that the 08 and 09 are not available even though they list a part # for them.
That is 100% correct.. we just got one for a 2010 replacement.... Now the man hours begin doing the swap over.

·
Registered
189 Posts
how much did the new frame cost?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I did the samething I was at dumont dunes and hit a witcheye left front lower a arm frame bent. I brock steering rack and broke cv the insurance is taking care of it 6 grand.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts