Teryx HQ banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for info an links for motor kits , Would like to try the 840 kit but the down time I really aint got the 1st XC race up in Ia. is in 4 weeks , Maybe high compression piston kits an cams ? An 2nd Wheres the best place to pick up a Muzzy system at lowest price , From what I`ve read they seam to be the best out rigth now or untill I buy one anyway lol . I`ve read thru the site sponsors an aint really seen any kits except for the 840 kit . What other kits are available ?

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Looking for info an links for motor kits , Would like to try the 840 kit but the down time I really aint got the 1st XC race up in Ia. is in 4 weeks , Maybe high compression piston kits an cams ? An 2nd Wheres the best place to pick up a Muzzy system at lowest price , From what I`ve read they seam to be the best out rigth now or untill I buy one anyway lol . I`ve read thru the site sponsors an aint really seen any kits except for the 840 kit . What other kits are available ?
A 840 kit is what XChamp on here will be running in the GNCC races. We site discount you are looking at less then $1500 with stage 3 cams and the cylinder work done. If it's local racing a std bore kit will work with stage 2 cams for about half the cost of a 840 kit. In the mid west and east coast everyone has been happy with the std bore kit for woods riding / racing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A 840 kit is what XChamp on here will be running in the GNCC races. We site discount you are looking at less then $1500 with stage 3 cams and the cylinder work done. If it's local racing a std bore kit will work with stage 2 cams for about half the cost of a 840 kit. In the mid west and east coast everyone has been happy with the std bore kit for woods riding / racing.

Mickey what would the down time be on the 840 kit ? An whats the price on the standard bore kits , I`m going to order the Muzzys system from Factory UTV this week he priced me that system at a good price . Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
can't beat one of Mickeys 840 motors. i have been abusing my 840 for a year now with no issues. tear your motor down on a monday, next day air your cams and cylinders to him, pay a little extra to have him next day it back, give yourself 2 days to put it back together and you'll be up and running by the weekend. make sure you get some base gaskets and the yfz can ahead of time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
can't beat one of Mickeys 840 motors. i have been abusing my 840 for a year now with no issues. tear your motor down on a monday, next day air your cams and cylinders to him, pay a little extra to have him next day it back, give yourself 2 days to put it back together and you'll be up and running by the weekend. make sure you get some base gaskets and the yfz can ahead of time.

yfz can :confused: ??? I ended up ordering the muzzy exchaust thru unleased utv 739.00 was to hard to turn down thanks guys . Now still tossing around what motor kit to go with if I sold our littler enclosed trailer this week it sure would help make my mind up lol I`m also in the middle of getting my sons GT Thunder raptor 250 ready an my daugthers 08 300ex ready an my kfx450r ready season starts april 28th for us . An there going to have the side by sides the sat. nigths before the sunday races , So busting ass to get ready :D And trying to bargin shop to save some money . Thanks for all the input so far .

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
yfz can :confused: ??? I ended up ordering the muzzy exchaust thru unleased utv 739.00 was to hard to turn down thanks guys . Now still tossing around what motor kit to go with if I sold our littler enclosed trailer this week it sure would help make my mind up lol I`m also in the middle of getting my sons GT Thunder raptor 250 ready an my daugthers 08 300ex ready an my kfx450r ready season starts april 28th for us . An there going to have the side by sides the sat. nigths before the sunday races , So busting ass to get ready :D And trying to bargin shop to save some money . Thanks for all the input so far .
What's one more little project:laugh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts