Teryx HQ banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to install a setereo on the Teryx soon and I am looking for feedback on the best place to set the radio. I will use a Marine Enclosure and I have the OEM roof.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
SXS Customs is working a face plate with switches above or below in the cup holder location for me. Not sure where its at.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am leaning towards a Marine pod like this one and attach it below the cup holder.

then buy a set of speaker enclosures that ebay sells and the overhead speaker bar from Hunterworks for a pretty good system.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I bought the fusion Ipod deck. It is water rated. I think I can spray it with a pressure washer, but I'm not going to try it (on purpose anyways :laugh:).

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
On here Endi of SXS Customs.

I think mine is last years model of this.
FUSION Electronics Link

This is the water resistant/proof rating.
"Complies with IPx5 Waterproof standards, which includes full behind dash water protection. "

"IPX-5 - Protected against water jets - Water projected at all angles through a 6.3mm nozzle at a flow rate of 12.5 liters/min at a pressure of 30kN/m2 for 3 minutes from a distance of 3 meters."

It will be a spray and then say whoops testing. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
On here Endi of SXS Customs.

I think mine is last years model of this.
FUSION Electronics Link

This is the water resistant/proof rating.
"Complies with IPx5 Waterproof standards, which includes full behind dash water protection. "

"IPX-5 - Protected against water jets - Water projected at all angles through a 6.3mm nozzle at a flow rate of 12.5 liters/min at a pressure of 30kN/m2 for 3 minutes from a distance of 3 meters."

It will be a spray and then say whoops testing. :laugh:
Best bang for your buck...

·
Registered
19 Posts
The speaker pods we sell are the SSV works ones and two mount in the bed and two mount up front with a sub box with two cup holders for the senter cosle. If you want i can post up some pics to give you an idea of what it looks like.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The speaker pods we sell are the SSV works ones and two mount in the bed and two mount up front with a sub box with two cup holders for the senter cosle. If you want i can post up some pics to give you an idea of what it looks like.
I am gonna buy the SSV works front speaker pods, however I don't like the rear pods because on the pictures they look like they are attached to the bed and I use my bed for work too. A sub is tempting but I ain't shooting that high for now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well one more thing to keep in mind is on the car that i just built we put on one of the black Rhino Dash's that go's where the cup holders go and we made it to fit a race radio in so we could also try doing that for what ever stereo you want.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Well one more thing to keep in mind is on the car that i just built we put on one of the black Rhino Dash's that go's where the cup holders go and we made it to fit a race radio in so we could also try doing that for what ever stereo you want.
What is the status of the faceplates made to fit a car stereo deck and 8 switches?

·
Registered
19 Posts
What is the status of the faceplates made to fit a car stereo deck and 8 switches?
I think we could make a custom part to fit the car stereo because the part that puts it in is to small but al we do is make that bigger. and it all depends on what switches you are using. I just want you to know that we try to keep people from using a car stereo and buying one of the amps and get the ipod adapter. i know you like the ideo of having a stereo but the bad thing with that is they are not weather resistant. if you do that you will have to be way more carfull when you are washing your car and around water and rain. So if that is the route you want to take though we will do what ever we can to help you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts