Teryx HQ banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beware of possible scams by Kawasaki Good Times promotional financing with HSBC Retail Services. When I bought my new Teryx a few months ago, I put a few thousand down and financed the rest. I took advantage of the 4.99% rate for 2 years. I got no payment notice for over 2 months. That effectively reduced the 2 year period during which the 4.99% is offerred. After 2 years the % jumps to appx 21%. I noticed the % rate was 21% on the first payment! It was a big hassle to get it reduced to 4.99%. I decided to send in the total payoff of about $5700. I sent it 10 days before the due date, using the HSBC envelope with return address. Guess what, HSBC said they never got it! Now they want about $300 in late charges. After stopping payment on the payoff check, seeking legal advice, getting help from the local Kawasaki dealer, and sending the second check certified with signature required, I have learned a big lesson: Don't Trust HSBC. Also, any big money sent to them should be Certified Mail.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BEWARE: HSBC Reatail Services financing

Thanks SXS...It just doesn't pay to be too trusting nowadays...I learned my lesson the hard way and just want to give a "heads-up" to others...it amazes me that I can mail 100 items, including checks, during the course of a year and there are no "missing" checks...but, well you know the rest of the story.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Thanks SXS...It just doesn't pay to be too trusting nowadays...I learned my lesson the hard way and just want to give a "heads-up" to others...it amazes me that I can mail 100 items, including checks, during the course of a year and there are no "missing" checks...but, well you know the rest of the story.
Agree.. I worked a few fraud cases...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BEWARE: HSBC Retail Services Financing

For you HSBC customers, here's my last entry on this matter: HSBC cashed my second check to them on May 11 after signing for it. Then, on May 12 they TRIED to cash the first check I sent them on April 16. That's the check they said they never got. It's the one I stopped payment on. Isn't it amazing that the missing check seems to have been in their greedy hands all along. Hope my whinning helps prevent problems for ya'll.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I went throught nearly the same exact thing when i baught my Grizzly last year. Yam uses HSBC too, and they fucked with me for 3 weeks while i was trying to pay off my balance. They returned 3 electronic transactions through the bank. Then they told me to use there web site to make the payment. They refused that too. I tried paying on the phone but they wanted to charge me an extra $15 to pay over the phone. After getting transfered 4 times i finally talked to someone that took the payment with out the extra charge.

Will always use a bank on buying new toys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Now that I have heard all the bad, has anyone had any good luck with them? I can already see the trend since I have had to call them 2x to find out when my first payment is due, its been almost 2 months since purchase and the only thing I have recieved is my CC so I could charge more stuff...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would recomend going to a bank and getting a loan through them. Payments will be the same or maybe 20 more a month. With the credit card if you pay over the amount due, they put more money towards different fees and interest. With a bank if you pay more then the amount due it goes directly towards the balance, thus paying the loan off quicker and costing you less.
This is just what I've noticed with the HSBC card i had. I will always go through a bank or Credit Union (even lower rates) to get loans for my toys. If i would have done this in the first place i probably would have payed my grizzly off a year earlier.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Paid cash for mine too, but I need a loan to finish it!!! Someone want to finance my long travel? Anyone?

·
Registered
189 Posts
i did the 6 month deal, cause just wanted to boost my credit. I have no other bills. But i payed it off in 4 months and just receaved my papers for the lean on the teryx. Has anyone ever got this paper? It says to bring it the regerstry to get the title for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just sold one toy to buy another one. Here in Oklahoma you have to register them now, I think to get some money from you and incase they are stolen. I just used a farm tax number and made it alot cheaper only $25 dollars.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I financed the Teryx thru them with 6 months, no interest and no payment. Paid it off with a personal check and had no issues.

Also financed two RZR's with them, and again, no problem.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i did the 6 month deal, cause just wanted to boost my credit. I have no other bills. But i payed it off in 4 months and just receaved my papers for the lean on the teryx. Has anyone ever got this paper? It says to bring it the regerstry to get the title for it.
yeah sounds like the lien release. here in arizona if you finance anything the bank technically holds the title until payoff (since they hold equity in the vehicle). then they send the lein release at payoff allowing you to go to motor vehicle to put title in your name.

·
Registered
158 Posts
It's typical HSBC business practice. Most retailers use them. I hate 'em.

Unfortunately I do have my 'rex on loan from them. I could have paid cash but at the the time I got it the economy was just starting to really get scary. I thought having $12K on hand was a better idea than watch it disappear from my bank account. Plus I get 3% interest on it, so in reality I'm only paying 1.9% on the teryx.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have used HSBC for several items. HSBC Kawasaki, HSBC Yamaha, HSBC Best Buy. So far I have never had a problem (Knock on wood). From Jet Ski's to ATV's and UTV's to computers or Camera's, it ussually takes about 6 weeks to recieve the first statement which I ussually pay with check and then also set up for online payment with my credit union or bank, I make a small additional payment via online the first month and then check my next statement to make sure they recieved both payments. After that everything is done via online payment and your financial institution has a record of every payment you make.

Again I will keep my fingers crossed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts