Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[be ware of two brothers pipes.had a set on they soung great but had many problems.first i put many pipes on in my lifetime this is by far the worst to put on.it takes you hrs to get it to line up.then they start to leak at the exhaust outlets its only held on by 1 spring very cheap.in return it causes it to backfire everytime you leave off the throttle.it will also pop where it attaches to the cylinder if you go over an off camber section or climb a steep hill.also the rubber clamps that hold the exhaust canisters on start to deteriorate in just a few rides.im not the only one having problems my local dealer sent all there pipes back to parts unlimited due to two brothers not wanting to warranty them.i think they built these pipes to fast without trying them.maybe they should stick to the street and stay out of the dirt.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Hmmm interesting. Now that popping I assume is a jetting issue and is not related to the pipes, however, cannot comment on the rubber clamps.

I don't suppose you have any pictures do you?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm glad you are posting this. Its one of the exhaust systems I was considering. I'm also confused regarding the popping. Is the exhaust system popping off where its attached to the cylinder or is it a tuning problem? And why would the rubber deteriorate in just a few rides? Is it rubbing on something? dieselpower has a point. How about some pictures

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
beware of two brothers exhaust

Hmmm interesting. Now that popping I assume is a jetting issue and is not related to the pipes, however, cannot comment on the rubber clamps.

I don't suppose you have any pictures do you?
i dont have pics sorry i did try some differant jetting no change in the popping my dealer believes its due to the pipe leaking at the cylinder.and as for the pipe coming off the fromt cylinder it has nothing to due with the popping it only does it on off cambers or steep hills im guessing due to its only held on by 1 spring.email me your ph no and i can disscuss it with you and i will give you my local dealers no he sent all the two brother pipes back.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Hi there, as you mentioned, sounds like there is a slight leak in the pipes which is creating that popping on decel.

I will shoot you a PM shortly with my number and we can discuss :good:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi there, as you mentioned, sounds like there is a slight leak in the pipes which is creating that popping on decel.

I will shoot you a PM shortly with my number and we can discuss :good:
you are absolutly right about it leaks from both cylinders :good:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So what set of headers/pipes do you guys recommend?:confused:
i cant recommend 1 yet testing a few out now. however i think hunterworks is testing them on the dyno.dont get the two brothers whatever you do.the hmf twin slip on is easy to put on but i believe its to loud even with the quiet cores in.the hmf swamp series full single is very similer sound like the two brothers but seems to have a little more bottom end.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I am going to have to pimp out the Muzzys pipes, there are a lot of them out there and they are fantastic. Incredible sound, not too loud, just nice and deep to make that v-twin sound the way it should!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am going to have to pimp out the Muzzys pipes, there are a lot of them out there and they are fantastic. Incredible sound, not too loud, just nice and deep to make that v-twin sound the way it should!
i am leaning towards the muzzy also waiting to hear one and the hp ratings on the dyno from hunterworks

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
We will have our dyno run with ours in a week or so when we go in to have our motor built :good:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey dieselpowered, I'm waiting to hear if the Muzzy's make a difference in horsepower. Do you know if they come with flame arrestors? It seems like a lot of places I go require them.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
so dieselpowered, I'm guessing you are a fan of the Muzzys after reading that other thread? Or should I wait until the other systems are tested? What are you running?:confused:

·
Registered
11 Posts
reply to Two Bros exhaust issues

Hey guys,
I wanted to chime in on this, I am having the same issues with two Bros pipes! My Teryx has been out of commission for two weeks because I am going to have to have the pipes and flanges welded, the springs just do not work, especially with only one spring (on the wrong side in terms of where the tension needs to be on the front pipe??). Unfortunately I have not been able to get with a welder to do this for me, right now after a fairly lengthy install, I put all the plastic back on, and as soon as I fired it up, the front pipe poped off the flange? I did my best to get it back in there and adjust the spring, only for it to continue leaking. I thought if I replaced the factory exhaust washer (crush washer to cylinder head) it would stop, after driving to 2 dealerships to get these washers, I installed them and retorqued the exhaust flanges only for it to leak once again :mad:!! until the exhaust leak is fixed, (I guess by welding the whole flange and pipe together), I can't really check the jetting. I installed the 150 front and 145 rear main jets they sent, and with the airbox lid on, it just boggs out at higher RPM's. To make this long story short, this system is not correctly engineered to fit the Teryx, and i would agree with others, that I would not recommend spending $750 + on this system if you are not going to spend even more $$ trying to tune this and weld this system together.

Sorry if there is someone from Two Bros out there reading, but you really need to redesign, and offer free retro fit to all those who spent the money and time installing this, or you will see more unhappy customers.

I can email pic's of connections if anyone wants to see spring connections.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
so dieselpowered, I'm guessing you are a fan of the Muzzys after reading that other thread? Or should I wait until the other systems are tested? What are you running?:confused:
Yes I am a big fan of the Muzzy system, then again I have always been a fan of Muzzys when it comes to Kawasaki powered machines.

So to answer your question, yes I am running the Muzzys exhaust :good:

Hey guys,
I wanted to chime in on this, I am having the same issues with two Bros pipes! My Teryx has been out of commission for two weeks because I am going to have to have the pipes and flanges welded, the springs just do not work, especially with only one spring (on the wrong side in terms of where the tension needs to be on the front pipe??). Unfortunately I have not been able to get with a welder to do this for me, right now after a fairly lengthy install, I put all the plastic back on, and as soon as I fired it up, the front pipe poped off the flange? I did my best to get it back in there and adjust the spring, only for it to continue leaking. I thought if I replaced the factory exhaust washer (crush washer to cylinder head) it would stop, after driving to 2 dealerships to get these washers, I installed them and retorqued the exhaust flanges only for it to leak once again :mad:!! until the exhaust leak is fixed, (I guess by welding the whole flange and pipe together), I can't really check the jetting. I installed the 150 front and 145 rear main jets they sent, and with the airbox lid on, it just boggs out at higher RPM's. To make this long story short, this system is not correctly engineered to fit the Teryx, and i would agree with others, that I would not recommend spending $750 + on this system if you are not going to spend even more $$ trying to tune this and weld this system together.

Sorry if there is someone from Two Bros out there reading, but you really need to redesign, and offer free retro fit to all those who spent the money and time installing this, or you will see more unhappy customers.

Very odd indeed! Please do share some pictures if you have any.

Have you spoken to Two Bros yet about this and if so what was their response / solution?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks, notmuchracing. This is what I want to hear. I'm afraid to plunk down the big bucks and find out the system I bought either doesn't fit properly or it lowers my horsepower. I hope two bros helps you out. Apparently, you are not the only one having problems with their pipes. I know I won't be buying their products until I hear that you and several other have been helped and the problems have been addressed. I still considering the Muzzys, but I would sure like to hear some more positive feedback on these systems before I spend $900 on them and have to tear my bike apart.

Bubba

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey guys,

you cant weld it the flange and pipe are 2 differant types of material get your mony back if you can.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Thanks, notmuchracing. This is what I want to hear. I'm afraid to plunk down the big bucks and find out the system I bought either doesn't fit properly or it lowers my horsepower. I hope two bros helps you out. Apparently, you are not the only one having problems with their pipes. I know I won't be buying their products until I hear that you and several other have been helped and the problems have been addressed. I still considering the Muzzys, but I would sure like to hear some more positive feedback on these systems before I spend $900 on them and have to tear my bike apart.

Bubba
The Muzzy's system is worth the $$. If you call around you can get a very good price. I think there is a Muzzy's system on ebay right now for WAY cheap as well, but you know how that goes. I had an issue and once I used something other than email to contact them, Muzzy's bent over backwards to make sure I was riding again in record time. To me, if it cost double the price, Muzzy's customer service at my time of need and frustration is WELL worth the money.

The power and sound is great. I will be trying their new quiet packing material once it is released, as I wish it was a tad quieter. My riding buddies LOVE the sound and think my Teryx does damn well keeping up with FAST THUMPER 2x4 ATV's. They say they don't have to look back to know I am gettign closer. What's not to love about that?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts