Teryx HQ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some personal experience with Big Bore kits.

If anyone has done any engine upgrades, I'd like to hear
what kit you bought,
how much it cost,
how much work it was to install the kit
and if there was anything you'd do differently if you did it again.

Any info from dealers would be welcome, but I really want to hear form people that have already done this work.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I find it funny no one has replied in 8 hours on this. This is a very sore subject on the forums and there is no right answer.

My opinion and I say opinion is std bore is the way to go, alot of gain, no heat issues and cost less. Sure you get more HP and more power with a 840 and lots of people love them but sometimes they come at a cost and I don't mean the $500 to $600 more they cost.

They run a little hotter and sometimes harder to tune.

Again this is a opinion not document hold my feet to the first facts!! LOL

As to hard to put in? Not to me but a first timer might find it intimidating!!

Also get rid of your K&N filter if that is not the reason your doing a top end kit now due to dirt then it will be at some point

·
Registered
311 Posts
400 to have your cyl plated & decked,not sleeved is the only diff in the price of standard bore or 840. Any competent builder that has done more than a handful of kawie builders,would have no trouble on a tune.V force john,FST,AMR,benchmark,dasa etc. And unless your in the sand,over heating is no big prob,as easy as a hi flow impeller & muzzy fan blade. My 2 cents

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya, I'm starting to think this forum is dead. I've really enjoyed the members and the information here compared to the other site, but at least they've got SOME.... action.

I'm still trying here though.

I'm thinking of going with a Muzzy 840 with stage I or stage II cams, 36mm or 38mm throttle bodies.

I'm not to sure that I'll have too much issue with temperature as far as my environment goes at least. Maybe I'll get the fan though.

As for the air filter, I'm thinking that's why I'm doing the motor. Sucked in some dust. An UNI will be in my immediate future.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Anyone with a name like pit dog has got to know his s*&t, and I know he is building a motor with a set of cylinders that come from an well educated RED NECK from Louisianna. LOL

No man on a serious note I don't think you will go wrong with any of the venders on here, I have heard alot more good stories about the 840 builds than bad and most of the problems are isolated ones that are usually taken care of pretty easy, you are for sure right about the air filter, I got a nice billet setup with a uni filter from Todd at Hunterworks.

If you will go back and search this topic from some of the threads from 2009 and 2010 you will find many heated debates, that got very personal and even had some people band from the forum, so that is the reason alot of people won't respond to these issues.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Ya, I'm starting to think this forum is dead. I've really enjoyed the members and the information here compared to the other site, but at least they've got SOME.... action.

I'm still trying here though.

I'm thinking of going with a Muzzy 840 with stage I or stage II cams, 36mm or 38mm throttle bodies.

I'm not to sure that I'll have too much issue with temperature as far as my environment goes at least. Maybe I'll get the fan though.

As for the air filter, I'm thinking that's why I'm doing the motor. Sucked in some dust. An UNI will be in my immediate future.
What other forum? I may need to join it too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts