Teryx HQ banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time on the Forum and thought I would reach out. I bought a heavily modified Teryx early this year and have taken it out all of 3 times. I noticed a small amount of oil leaking on the ground what appear to be out of a vent tube. I decided to swing it by the local dealer as this is my first side by side to get a second opinion. And the started off by saying, it has a bore kit (850) and we cannot work on it. They also said the oil was coming from the air cleaner and that this was because of excess crankcase pressure.
Well I have been around my fair share of blown big blocks, and turbo diesel power houses so when I heard blow bye my heart sank as I understand that to be rings, valves or even pistons.
I heard on a thread however that someone said the vent tube was positioned to low and that could be the cause, is this true. The teryx has the DASA 850 kit and if in fact it is the rings and valves and I need to tear it down, has anyone on hear ran a bore kit and a turbo? What am I going up against? Can the lower hold up if i went with a lower compression piston? Will it make big power, and is it worth it?.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts