Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Well, pulled engine and sent to Chris at Benchmark Performance in Ca. Chris called yesterday and basically said my entire engine is toast. I thought when I spun my lower rod bearing all I would need was a bottom end job and possibly new cases...Chris says need a entirely new engine.
All this in mind, any ideas from anyone about a quality used engine out there or where to get an affordable crate motor for a 2008 carb'ed Teryx??

Thx...either reply here or text me at 817-532-6678

much appreciated all....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Todd...seems like this topic has came up on this forum and the other forum as well. General consensus is why? Chris said he will look closer at my engine next week so stay tuned. I sure hope it can be salvaged as a $3300 new engine is well over my budget....

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
thanks Todd...seems like this topic has came up on this forum and the other forum as well. General consensus is why? Chris said he will look closer at my engine next week so stay tuned. I sure hope it can be salvaged as a $3300 new engine is well over my budget....
You can get a new engine for $3300?? Where?

I hate to tell you but the average repair bill here for a crank up repair with no other major damage is about $3000 and the local Kawi dealer gets $4500 for same repair.

I tell you what I would do no matter I did even new engine from Kawi if there is such a thing I would remove heads and put aftermarket valves and springs in them. Actually if I bought a new teryx today I would do the same thing before I ever rode it.

Todd

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Todd, the site is utvenginerebuilds.com These are "crank up" rebuilt engines with a 6 month warranty. Cost is like $2900 plus $190 shipping

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Todd, the site is utvenginerebuilds.com These are "crank up" rebuilt engines with a 6 month warranty. Cost is like $2900 plus $190 shipping
I know it is going to be hard to believe or argue with but that might not be a bargain in the end.

Call and ask do they use Kawi parts and gaskets?

Ask them if they always put new aftermarket valves and springs in.

Also make sure you are gonna get a full credit for your engine. You will be freighting it to them too.

I don't know anything about them, I just know what it cost to do it right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts