Teryx HQ banner

Would you purchase the plastics under the driver and passenger seats?

• Yes

Votes: 84 72.4%
  • No

Votes: 32 27.6%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everyone, we have been asked to provide some feedback, therefore, we are looking to you to obtain that.

If you were purchasing a full set of plastics for your Teryx, would you want to replace the plastic under the driver and passenger side seats (the area that you see on the outside, with the ridges)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Absolutely!!!!! I have found that this is the first area to get cracked or damaged when doing any type of rock crawling or rough riding. I would definately like to replace that area and then get some of the nerf bars that some vendors have, to protect the investment for the future.:good:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes, this was the first thing busted on my teryx, IT SHOULD HAVE A TUBE FRAME LIKE EVERY ONE ELSE. 2" OF PLASTIC IS NOT GOING TO GET IT.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Given the premise of your question: "If you were puchasing a set of plastics for your Teryx..." then I would replace the plastics in the area of the seats. While my Teryx just gets me from point A to point B for hunting and target shooting, I found that removing the OEM plastics looks difficult with the original attachment system. Any replacements should have a better attachment system that is resistant to damage after many in and outs.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes if it is camoflage like the rest of mine.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Depends on the price difference. I would like the option. So, I guess that's a no because they should be separate IMO.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yes I would buy new plastic to replace the stock black plastic under the seat. I think they should replace that whole area with a color coded 1/3rd or half door that is integrated into the body lines to keep your legs in and make it look less like a farm vehicle. I think full bore has something like that for the rhino. I'd even buy the mini doors without buying the plastic hood that goes with it. They just need to come up with a way to attach it securely.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am seriously considering the nerf bars, since that is a bent up area on my Teryx. However, it is hard to justify paying the $$ for these bars when I can get ones that require almost twice the steel for my Jeep for the same price.:(

·
Registered
60 Posts
Maybe yes maybe no! We do Glamis, so ours have not been ruined. But If I were to put aftermarket plastics to change the color and it looked better than yes.
And if they were broken and it is a weak link then yes.
so I could go both ways...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes, I have not messed up my plastics (at least not yet) but would like the option to purchase those alone.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Depends on color that I went with. I think that the black bottom with the red looks better. With a change to Camo, I would get the camo to match. But if it was busted, I would anyhow

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes Stock and Color matched would be the bomb

·
Registered
516 Posts
Need new side panels - cooler than OEM!

Already need the right side so might as well get both to match when ordering new ones instead of the Kawi ones which I have not yet priced out but I am sure I don't want to! Let me know when I can order the new red ones to match with steel nerf bars incorporated into to side panels!!! My Visa # is 4514 **** **** **** Exp. 02/10.
Thanks, Junior!:D

·
383 Posts
absolutely. mine are all ripped, torn, mangled and shredded (quad trials to tight rocks and stumps to big)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'd buy a set that had a half door set up designed into it with a more rugged build. all mine do is attract rocks and trees etc. and hold about 20lbs of mud under them.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yes, this was the first thing busted on my teryx, IT SHOULD HAVE A TUBE FRAME LIKE EVERY ONE ELSE. 2" OF PLASTIC IS NOT GOING TO GET IT.
DITO !!!! I busted mine in the first 4 hours.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts