Teryx HQ banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With only 7 hours on the clock the bouncing throttle was driving me nuts. The 2X4 trick didn't appeal to me and the pedal extensions didn't trip my trigger either. The next step was to make something to rest my foot against for stability while giving me the abilty to slide the foot down for the smile factor.

The 5/16 rod gives the side of my foot support to stop bouncing up and down on the pedal, but its angle allows my foot to slide down easily.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Nice.

I took the easy way out with the pedal extensions and having my foot against the tunnel for support. Not nearly as cool or home made as yours.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I prefer to make my own stuff if I can. I have a decent sized shop at the house with lots of toys and scrap metal to tinker with.

That extension looks good and does match the brake pedal

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I give both of you credit...both look good and both funtional, well done! :good:

·
Registered
668 Posts
I replaced the the gas lever spring with a spring from a 1983 F150 carburetor and Tah-Dah! My jerkiness went away!!!:D
So maybe people should start looking at replacing the spring!

The spring on the left is the OEM spring and the one on the right is my "fashioned" spring, like it was really hard to tell the difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had a chance to get out for a couple hours this evening and that little foot rest worked great. Ran it across some whoopti-doos, rough rock strewn hills and washboard roads and the bouncing issue is solved.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I like what you have done, could you give the measurements and a material list? I probably have everything in the polebarn to build this, did you bolt it all the way through the floor pan? any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like what you have done, could you give the measurements and a material list? I probably have everything in the polebarn to build this, did you bolt it all the way through the floor pan? any help would be appreciated, thanks.
If you are talking about the one I made it was just 12" of 3/4" mild steel (1/8" thick) and 6" of 5/16 steel rod. Home Depot or Lowes will carry the steel if you don't have any in your barn. Its bolted through the floor pan using 12-32 pan head phillips with fender washers and nyloc nuts on the bottom side.

·
Registered
15 Posts
lobocop thanks for pictures on foot support made one just like it love it driving around house going on big ride tomorrow !

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lobocop thanks for pictures on foot support made one just like it love it driving around house going on big ride tomorrow !
Glad it worked out for you. The one in my Teryx stopped that annoying bounce and made it a lot more fun to ride.

Have fun on the ride!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your custom spring from your ford truck, is it stiffer or looser?
Did you have to modify it at all, such as cut and reshape it or was it a one to one fit?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts