Teryx HQ banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I recently bought a 2012 Teryx in camo. The dealer told me do not go over 25 mph or drive at a constant speed until I have 20 hours or 120 miles on it. I want to do everything I can to make this thing last so my question is, is this the correct way to break it in? The manual doesnt say anything about speed. Just says stay under half throttle. My other question is-is this even necessary?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Well, I recently bought a 2012 Teryx in camo. The dealer told me do not go over 25 mph or drive at a constant speed until I have 20 hours or 120 miles on it. I want to do everything I can to make this thing last so my question is, is this the correct way to break it in? The manual doesnt say anything about speed. Just says stay under half throttle. My other question is-is this even necessary?
We never do that on engine builds and I am of the opinion there is a better way . We warm a fresh engine up then go driving, speeding up and letting the engine do the braking, do this for about 30 minutes then drive like you stole it.

Never had a issue or had one smoke from it. Heck I built my own rhino on Thursday, dynoed on friday raced on Sunday. No issues.

Todd

·
Registered
526 Posts
drove mine like i stole it no probs yet 3 years old

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just purchase my Teryx on the end of January 2012, my dealer didn't tell me anything about breaking it in. Just said go out and have fun and after 20 hrs bring her in for a check up. So I have been taking the Teryx through some mud, water, running it up to 40, climbing up and down some hills:) We've been have a great time breaking the Teryx in :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the feedback guys. I thought that was a long break-in period. Ive got 10 hours on it so far and I really want to open it up.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Ya, time to just run it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im pushing 200 hours on mine and the only thing Ive done so far is a couple of fluid changes, what should I be doing at this point to keep her running good and reliable.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Check belt deflection and i also make a habit of burping cooling system every oil change, thats bleeding air out of system by taking bleeder bolt out and topping off with coolant

1 - 9 of 9 Posts