1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks.

mine is 08 750 LE
I have like 2 hours on it maybe.
I got a way to go...just got my trailer built.
So the break in will click away fast now.
So how important is the "TAKE IT EASY" part...the guide says half throttle for 20 hours.

Tell me how gentle i should really be...gimme something realistic and point blank.

And did you smell a lot of varnish in your first few hours?
I've driven it around the block and stuff and when i park it...you can see smoke coming from the motor...not like oil or anything...but like its burning new varnish off of stuff....

Just trying to be a little paranoid.
Thanks

·
Registered
526 Posts
broke my 09 in for about 2 or 3 hrs and have drove it like I stole it since, Seems to me that all my atv utv's have all had that good ole new smell. They say that a 08 needs some kind of rings to seal carb boots so it will not suck dust and ruin motor.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Call DASA Racing and ask for some plenum rings, very smart and cheap mod
x2 i took it easy on mine on the way out to the trailer to load it up from the dealership....after that...wot!!! i might be one of the lucky ones tho...i beat the hell out of mine and havent had one issue yet...not even the oil flow into the air box.... :D

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I am like codyo drive it like you stole it, its under warranty if it can't stand the heat now is the time to find out. You know how NASCAR drivers break their engines in at about 9500 rpms. Stock machines won't let you hurt them they are so de tuned its like my power stroke F350 you can put it in neutral put your foot to the floor and it just hits the rev limiter

·
Registered
35 Posts
SxS, I just got my 2010 and asked my dealer about the break in. He actually told me not to run it around doing any hard towing in low for a tank or two of gas. He said the warrenty period is more than many people will actually drive in 6 months hence guaranteeing minimal damage. His words to me were (and I'm paraphrasing here): Don't work it too hard towing for a while, otherwise run it, the break-in period is a bunch of crap...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Boy! I like to hear your responceses, I made it about 20min when I bought mine, then couldnt help but hammer it, and never stopped hammering and she still runs hard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought my 2008 3 months ago new at the dealership with 8 hours on it. Do you think the 8 hours on it were half throttle? I don't. I haven't had any issues and love my Teryx. I wouldn't try pulling a tank around, but not sure you can hurt it much either.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Like others have said.....drive it like you stole it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts