Teryx HQ banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just want to know if i take a complte engine of a brute force 750 and just put in my teryx if it will be bolt fit or if i have to do some work to fit in it ?

i got a 09 teryx monster edition.

·
Registered
15 Posts
im wanting to say that the through shaft has to be swapped over so driveshaft lengths stay same other than that should bolt right in

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
i just want to know if i take a complte engine of a brute force 750 and just put in my teryx if it will be bolt fit or if i have to do some work to fit in it ?

i got a 09 teryx monster edition.
Depends on which BF your coming from, but the engines are the same including the thru shaft mentioned.

However the tranny gears and clutch are different. You would need to swap those.

If the BF is not a fuel injected one, you would need to swap flywheel and stator too.

Some plugs different for vacuum lines on heads too.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
As long as the brute is fuel injected I think it will work you would be geared a little higher, I have heard some people talking about putting brute gears in a teryx to gain top speed, my riding conditions I think I would like the higher gears.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
As long as the brute is fuel injected I think it will work you would be geared a little higher, I have heard some people talking about putting brute gears in a teryx to gain top speed, my riding conditions I think I would like the higher gears.
Depends too if your talking about swapping to the BF throttle bodies too. You would need a MSD or other fuel controller to get the fuel right as the throttle bodies are different

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Depends too if your talking about swapping to the BF throttle bodies too. You would need a MSD or other fuel controller to get the fuel right as the throttle bodies are different
I am right on with you on that Todd, I guess I just assumed everybody had an MSD from Hunterworks with that good mapping.:laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
516 Posts
I am shooting from the hip here but I thought I read somewhere that the clutch shafts are a different size, bigger for the Teryx clutch and that the sensors were a little different, thought it was that the Brute Force didn't have a crank sensor or pick up on it??? I am not sure but will look to see if I can find the thread that I am thinking about.:confused:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks i find a 2007 brute force complete engine for 1500.00 so if i can do a complete swap its will be great, like hunterworks said i got to put a msd and maybe a clutch kit with the brute gear it gone be fast i think.i will wait for your tread before i make a move.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I am shooting from the hip here but I thought I read somewhere that the clutch shafts are a different size, bigger for the Teryx clutch and that the sensors were a little different, thought it was that the Brute Force didn't have a crank sensor or pick up on it??? I am not sure but will look to see if I can find the thread that I am thinking about.:confused:
The clutches are different but not the shafts as far as I know. The BF has a different belt slip indicator, you would use the Teryx clutches and CVT cover too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i cant use the teryx clutch i dont have one i got only the engine and they strip it all, screw by screw and put together in a big fat box whit some dust and other stuf like this, its realy mess...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i buy a smash teryx and they broke the crankcase due to the impact and to make sure that it will be total loss they stip it up totaly.result.. a big box with all the screw ,chain,head,cam...and they keep the clutch and some misc part.this is why i want to swap it.

here in quebec teryx part are not popular and brute force engie are more commun.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
If you want any questions answered about the clutch or gears, there is no question on who to call, it is vforce john at Interstate Motorstate, at 570-773-1721, or he now has a web site vforcejohn.com, he can put all of the questions to rest about clutch or gearing, that is his specialty.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts