Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 09 teryx with a bad motor i then just bought a 07 brute force carb motor i know i have to change the stator and efi boots but i am now into the output shaft the brute has a 20 tooth and the teryx has 21 or vise versa i need the output shaft do i have to split the motor down and change the internal gear or can i press the gears off the shafts and just change them out i dont want to tear ir down if i dont have too thanks and is there anything else i have to look for thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
The bevel gears are different I know. I would have to check the parts fiche to compare the tranny gears.

flywheel is different too.

While you have it split, put in new rod bearings, cam chains, jack shaft chain and oil pump chain. Check mechanical seal on water pump/oil pump shaft.

The oil breather tube is much smaller inside the engine, not sure if you can just swap tubes or not. Do yourself a favor and pop about a 3/8 to 1/2 hole in the side of this tube about half way up and facing you as you see it in the case. This will help with the oil in plenum issue.

Also put new aftermarket valves in and springs to keep you from having the valve issue later.

Todd

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brute motor

Thanks for the info but I don't want to do all that I bought a smashed brute force with. 1600 kms on it because all over the Internet said it was just about a direct swap just change out stator so efi will work but there are a few other differences so far the out put shaft splines are differnt and differnt lengths so I thought that I could change out out put shafts but one had 21 teeth and the other had 20 teeth so as of now my Teryx is going to have brute force gears but I was able to mate the output shaft off the Teryx in the motor with out too much effort I is now bolted in and just have a few last things to do to see if it will run and work

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Thanks for the info but I don't want to do all that I bought a smashed brute force with. 1600 kms on it because all over the Internet said it was just about a direct swap just change out stator so efi will work but there are a few other differences so far the out put shaft splines are differnt and differnt lengths so I thought that I could change out out put shafts but one had 21 teeth and the other had 20 teeth so as of now my Teryx is going to have brute force gears but I was able to mate the output shaft off the Teryx in the motor with out too much effort I is now bolted in and just have a few last things to do to see if it will run and work
Kinda lost, what gears did you change?

Unless you swapped the flywheels it won't run at all. The carb flywheel has two spots for the pick up coil and the EFI has a bunch.

Careful on the all over internet stuff, they are right it can be swapped but most have never done it and just passed on the info. We actually do this and build motors all the time.

Hope you swapped clutches too, they are different.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i put the bevel gear off the output shaft of the brute force on the output shaft of the teryx and then put it in the brute force motor i also switched the stator and mag and a few vacumes were differnt and block offs i switched the belt cover but not the clutches them selfs makes sense they would be differnt pushing alot more weight around with differnt rearends i am going to see if i can make it run before i worry about the clutches i should beable to change them inside the buggy right

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
i put the bevel gear off the output shaft of the brute force on the output shaft of the teryx and then put it in the brute force motor i also switched the stator and mag and a few vacumes were differnt and block offs i switched the belt cover but not the clutches them selfs makes sense they would be differnt pushing alot more weight around with differnt rearends i am going to see if i can make it run before i worry about the clutches i should beable to change them inside the buggy right
Those gears will NOT match up, they must be changed in pairs and there is clearance issues as well.

The flywheels are different.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i hope i am just explaining it wrong i did change the flywheel too and for the gears it is a matched set i just used both out of the brute and put it on the teryx output shaft and i used the shims off the brute motor so it should remain the same for clerance and it did spin smooth and free as for the clutches do you think i can change the clutches in the machine thinks for all the input i have alot tied up in this rig and didnt relize it was going to go down like this i hope it works if not i am just going to dump it

·
Registered
318 Posts
you can change the clutches inside the machine

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
i hope i am just explaining it wrong i did change the flywheel too and for the gears it is a matched set i just used both out of the brute and put it on the teryx output shaft and i used the shims off the brute motor so it should remain the same for clerance and it did spin smooth and free as for the clutches do you think i can change the clutches in the machine thinks for all the input i have alot tied up in this rig and didnt relize it was going to go down like this i hope it works if not i am just going to dump it
The gears are shimmed for each case

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i did check the gears with bluing compund and was happy how they meshed I have it running now and it seems to be working good had it around the yard with the brute clutches had lots of pull and would wing dounuts but i do have some more work i think i am going to do somthing with my shift linkage wont go from low to reverse other then that i have some bugs to work out but it is bolted in and running and all my gages and speedo are working and no efi codes or anything so i hope soon i can put some miles on it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts