Teryx HQ banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to drill out some brute force wheels to fit a teryx. i know it's 12mm stud, but does anyone know what is the correct size hole to drill to work with tapered lugs?

also, is there any reason a person should not drill out the holes in a cast alum. wheel?

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I'm pretty sure the offsets are different too.
Just drilling the lugs out to 12mm won't make them fit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
these wheels will fit...just wondering if anyone knows the correct hole size for a 12mm tapered lug. thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Teryx bolt pattern is 4/137 - 12mm studs

Brute Force 650 SRA are 137s I think the rest are different.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I drilled mine to 1/2 inch if im not mistaken.12.7 mm is half inch.Fit good
12mm= 0.473 thous of an inch (gives you .027 thous of clearance)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I drilled mine to 1/2 inch if im not mistaken.12.7 mm is half inch.Fit good
12mm= 0.473 thous of an inch (gives you .027 thous of clearance)
thanks $kidoo.....did you use tapered lugs or flat? i have the holes drilled out 12.7mm and i used the stock lugs everything works, but i have a set of 12mm tapered acorn nuts that are black to match the wheels that i was wanting to use. not sure if i should drill the holes out larger so the tapered lugs will seat inside the hole a little bit???

·
Registered
67 Posts
I couldnt tell you about the tapered ones .I used the stock teryx nuts and had no problems.My buddy gave me his takeoff rims off his 07 BF 650 Strait Axle.(same offset if you reverse the rear wheels)I got a sweet deal on 4 28 inch mudzillas.They ride so rough i only use them for 2 atv mud runs a year.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you take the rims off of a teryx an put them on a 4/137 brute force sra? I'm looking at buying some from another guy with a teryx but i know the 12mm stud thing has a play. Let me know what I would have to do to make it fit if you know!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would personaly not try it with that much clearance .300 thousands of an inch.I think that would eventually loosen up.There are lots of used rims for sale.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts