Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've decided to buy a 2010 Teryx Sport in the Kawi Green! Everyone has Rhinos and I want something with a bigger engine, Rzr isn't big enough for me as I'll be camping and everything else with this thing. I love Yamaha's but they need a bigger engine!

I've read some articles on breaking it in, seems HARD is the way to go, with going all out and then easing off for a bit for the first 20 miles.

I will be getting a Muzzy dual exhaust and a MSD. I may get the clutch redone but I don't know much about that. I will probably change the air filter as well, any advice on the clutch and the air filters?

I've read some stuff about oil going into the air box, should I be worried about this, I see there are parts to fix this but I don't think this should happen?

Also should I get the extended warrenty, does it matter since I'm putting extras on it?

Any advice on my new purchase will help and be appreciated guys! I'm working away right now, so I won't be picking it up until mid June. I'm in Canada so I'm paying a bit more, I think I've got them down to around 14500 before tax, they won't move much. Can't f-ing wait!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey at 22 hr on mine I did the first service few weeks back and could not believe how dirty the air cleaner was. All my riding was on wooded trails and alot of dust but nothing that made me think it would get that bad that quick..(now i'll look at that every other ride). Im also not happy with the position of the air pickup and im going to look at changing that.

Hunterworks hooked me up with a kit to change to Uni air cleaner. Takes about 30 mins to do the install. Drimel tool and roto zip bit is what i used to cut the air cleaner box. But there is a video link on this site somewhere that shows installing filter changeover?

2010 teryx

·
383 Posts
Hello Shanny. What part of Canada are you from. There are alot of us from Alberta here. I definately would not go with the extended warrany if you are adding aftermarket upgrades. The Muzzy and MSD are definately the popular mods, I have a Dalton Clutch kit and it works good. Any air filter kit with a better clamping surface is a must have upgrade, I have a DASA filter kit but there are other vendors on the site that sell good kits as well. The oil in the airbox comes when you start reving it higher than the stock rev limiter, which is what happens with the MSD. You can get a YZF breather mod from Sandjunkie (that is the one I have) on this site or UTV crap, hunterworks sell them also.
Have fun with it when you get it and start saving your money because you are about to get addicted to mods and upgrades. :wave:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I'm thinking about getting a clutch kit, do you send your clutch away or bring it to someone local to get one?

I think I'll have to get the oil in filter mod when I buy the MSD then and a new air filter kit.

I'm working in Fort Mcmurray right now but I'm moving back to NB at the end of the month!

·
383 Posts
If you are moving home to NB just drive over Dalton Industries (902 897 3333) and Talk to Dale for your clutch kit. You can do it yourself if you get a clutch puller and secondary clutch compressor. You can buy the Overdrive cluth cover also, it will give you aprox 4-6mph more top end and lower your cruising RPM's as well.

·
383 Posts
Dalton Industries Limited
355 Vimy Road,
Truro, Nova Scotia
B2N 4K2 Canada Phone: (902)-897-3333
Fax: (902)-897-6254
Email: [email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts