Teryx HQ banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2008 teryx. I have found they have some inherent problems that I am working on fixing thanks to hunterworks. I am installing there vtwin cooling kit. My question is what temperature should I set the bypass switch to come on at. I see the thermostat begins to open at 155degrees and is fully open at 185 I am thinking I want the switch to kick on the fan at 165-170. Does that sound about right to you guys? I also put the Uni filter kit and the stop kit on from huntereworks. I also put the dyna rev box on from hunterworks. I am going to have the valves and belt checked next week. Is there anything else I should be concerned with on m new toy?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I just bought a 2008 teryx. I have found they have some inherent problems that I am working on fixing thanks to hunterworks. I am installing there vtwin cooling kit. My question is what temperature should I set the bypass switch to come on at. I see the thermostat begins to open at 155degrees and is fully open at 185 I am thinking I want the switch to kick on the fan at 165-170. Does that sound about right to you guys? I also put the Uni filter kit and the stop kit on from huntereworks. I also put the dyna rev box on from hunterworks. I am going to have the valves and belt checked next week. Is there anything else I should be concerned with on m new toy?
Yeah riding it!!

You could also you our jet kit, dalton clutch kit, overdrive plate and muzzy pipe.

Your temp sounds about right. At least check the belt yourself for free. Cut one of the wire ties off the CVT exhaust, remove it and look to see where the belt is riding in the secondary sheave. If it is down in the sheave it needs adjusting.

Also, order you a 09 cvt exhaust vent so mud and water do not splash up in the cvt exhaust and get all in the CVT. The 09 exhaust for cvt is cheap

1 - 2 of 2 Posts