Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys in the snow and cold weather, are you using cab enclosure to stay warm, if so where did you get them, and what kind. Also how hard are they to take off for summer?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking for an enclosure also for my 09 LE but I have read negative posts about not fitting, too tight, too short etc. Do they fit over a hard top roof or do you need to take it off?

·
Registered
604 Posts
i went to coverbananza .com and got me a full cab for 200 shipped. and after you ride in the cold with the cab on you will never go again without it.i dont even have a heater in mine and it stays cozy in it with just the engine heat.i would like to have a heater to add to it though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does your cab enclosure flap around much, and how heavy duty is it. Think a tree branch would tear it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
checked it out on the web site you provided, WOW that seems I will have to get one of those for sure thanks for the info. Good luck and be safe in your travels ole buddy!!

·
Registered
604 Posts
it comes with velcro to attach at the bottom and it will not hold so i added 4 screws with washers and i have no trouble holding speeds of 55 mph with out any altercations.also it is made of vinyl and it would tear if hit at the right direction by a sharp limb...but it is tougher than what one would think.and it has a 2 year warranty.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm assuming that you're talking about soft cabs?? I dont know much about them, but my stepdad bought his teryx off of ebay and it has the curtis cab that's available through Kawasaki...its VERY easy to put on and take off...you can run individual parts such as the windshield and top or no door windows, or any combination. We had to remove the cage to install a radiator on his unit not too long ago and from no cage, to full enclosure took about 20 minutes...I highly recommend that enclosure but unfortunately its the only one I've had experience with and the $3k+ price makes it way out of most people's budget...but as far as staying warm, you can ride in the thing with short sleeves on when its 30 degrees outside and be perfectly comfortable...

I'm personally not a big fan of cabs, but if I was to have one it would be that one...but it only comes in a 2 seat version for the stock cage, as far as I know.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Bought mine at ShockPros . Around $700.00 . Full windshield , Rear cover goes over the top to meet the top of the windshield (no draft leaks at 50 mph ) . Doors have jeep quality windows that can be removed and window nets installed for summer or leave the door tops off altogether for splash protection . I have the Kawi aluminum top. I removed it , installed the rear/top cover and cut 1/2 inch slits to remount the top. Worked great , no leaks from rain . The whole cab is made of heavy condura and wears like iron . Cab stays around 60 degrees in 30 degree weather.
Hope these pics help . Don't have any good close-ups.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Not mentioned by anybody with a full cab enclosure is..How loud is it inside with everything buttoned up? It has to be deafening!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Not mentioned by anybody with a full cab enclosure is..How loud is it inside with everything buttoned up? It has to be deafening!
Not sure on an 08, but on an 09 its really not too bad with the hard cab its not too bad with Muzzy exhaust...its not alot louder inside, but it is noticeable

·
Registered
207 Posts
Your right Fireguy226 , I forgot to mention it. You will be yelling to the passenger at cruising speed . I did find out on my last poker run , that if you wear earplugs , it's much more pleasant to talk. I normaly wear a half helmet that I wore with my old street cruiser . A regular or fullface helmet may make a big difference . Have'nt tried it yet .
Also , the only thing I am looking to change is the windshield . Reason being , it has alot of tiny scratches that make it hard to see in the sunlight. In the shade or a cloudy day it's fine. I'm looking at the full glass shield with wiper , but I believe it's around $450 so I'm saving $$$ for the time being .
Give Garret a call at ShockPros . He's the owner and very nice gentleman to work with . You will save $ if you order everything at once.
Good Luck & Stay warm. :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Also , if any moisture (water or snow) hits the exhaust you will fog up inside. I just purchaced a 12 volt fan (Wal-Mart) that can clamp to the rollcage. If it helps with the fogging , I'll let you guys know. I usually carry a couple clean T-shirts to wipe the windows. Personally , I'll take the fogging over FREEZING any day. :laugh:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Heres the Curtis cab that I've mentioned in a few other posts. Its on my stepdad's '09 Teryx Sport

Its a full enclosure, these pics are a few months old, all parts are removable in any combination, you can have just a top, or just doors, no top or windshields,...ect.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I want to say about $3500 retail...they're available through the Kawasaki aftermarket catalog, they actually make a red one that matches the red LE Teryx...we bought this unit off of eBay as it sits...so I'm not 100% sure of the price of the cab

·
Registered
207 Posts
Very nice clean looking cab , but as you said BIG $$$$$.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Beaver Pro

Beaver Pro makes Great cabs for all utvs company is located in New Brunswick Canada.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a fabric one not that bad.With the solid top removed the sound does not bounce around so much. It is loud but when it is 20 degrees out side it is a good loud. I would post a pic if I knew how mine is a Quad Gear brand $219.00 from Ebay total easy on easy off

1 - 20 of 27 Posts