Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have a special needs child and I'm looking for a cage for him to get into the rear seat easily. If that means not having the back cross bar so that I could put him in through the tailgate area, or should I have one made where the cross bar swings? Are there any manufacturers that would work with me? I'm also interested in putting 1 bucket seat in back so he could get in through the tailgate area. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Dave

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have a special needs child and I'm looking for a cage for him to get into the rear seat easily. If that means not having the back cross bar so that I could put him in through the tailgate area, or should I have one made where the cross bar swings? Are there any manufacturers that would work with me? I'm also interested in putting 1 bucket seat in back so he could get in through the tailgate area. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Dave
Do any of your friends have 4 seat cages? If they do check them out with your child and see if they would work. If not go to a local shop that makes cages and talk to them about your situation. If you just put one seat in the middle of the bed I think you would have enough room to lift your child through the side of the bed and into the seat. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Non of my friends have a 4 seat cage to try. He weights around 130 pounds now so lifting him over the bed would be hard. i was thinking about checking with a couple local guys that build stock cars. all of the back seats that i am seeing online are bench seats. does anybody sell a bucket seat with a bracket to mount it. Thanks Dave.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in Maine. There are a couple of people that build race car chassis they may be able to help me.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Ever think of a custom swivel base for a standard suspension chair that locks in place? That way you could drop the tailgate, load up, turn the seat and lock the swivel base in place. That and a frame modification such as a u shaped cross brace at the back and/or a hinged bar with pins to lock it and/or braces thru the base to the frame below. Good luck in your quest.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That seat would work really nice. I have been looking for that kind of a setup online but have not found anything yet. Maybe somebody on this forum can help.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Most of the cage shops seem to be out west. Shpping might get expensive unless you can ship other stuff at the same time.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Most of the cage shops seem to be out west. Shipping might get expensive unless you can ship other stuff at the same time.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Most of the cage shops seem to be out west. Shipping might get expensive unless you can ship other stuff at the same time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts