Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think we will all agree while the teryx cage is R.O.P.S. approved its pretty ugly,and with seats and lowering bases out taday its too tall,i am considering buying a tubing bender,i have fabrication experience and a certified mig and tig welder.and experience on tubing benders.i am wondering if there is a demand for cages and bumpers on the eastern half of the states,im not totally sure i could sell them any cheaper than anyone else,there is lots of work in cages,tools are pricey too.what i would be able to offer someone is to be able to get a cage on east half of states without paying another 500 dollars for shipping.i am in northern kentucky area and would consider delevery on large orders.let me know how many of you guys would be interested,bumpers,cages,bolt on or weld on nerf bars.post your reply yay or nay we have some of the best riding in the country,shouldnt we have acess to some cool crap too. POST-POST-POST

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would possibly be interested in bumpers and nerf/rock slides. I doubt i would do a full cage as I can lower mine easy enough if i ever need. I would make a few proto types and post the pics as everyone likes a different style.

·
Registered
189 Posts
i was just looking on ebay at bumpers, so far i like the pro armor design,

·
Registered
630 Posts
i think we will all agree while the teryx cage is R.O.P.S. approved its pretty ugly,and with seats and lowering bases out taday its too tall,i am considering buying a tubing bender,i have fabrication experience and a certified mig and tig welder.and experience on tubing benders.i am wondering if there is a demand for cages and bumpers on the eastern half of the states,im not totally sure i could sell them any cheaper than anyone else,there is lots of work in cages,tools are pricey too.what i would be able to offer someone is to be able to get a cage on east half of states without paying another 500 dollars for shipping.i am in northern kentucky area and would consider delevery on large orders.let me know how many of you guys would be interested,bumpers,cages,bolt on or weld on nerf bars.post your reply yay or nay we have some of the best riding in the country,shouldnt we have acess to some cool crap too. POST-POST-POST
We can ship a 4 seat cage from LA to NY for about 200 bucks...

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
If you do get it going then it would probably pay to become a site sponsor...:D

·
Registered
780 Posts
where on the east coast are you?

no offense to the cali guys, but you have no idea what we ride in on this side. if you did, you would never buy a 200 dollar set of side mirrors...haha

·
Registered
630 Posts

no offense to the cali guys, but you have no idea what we ride in on this side. if you did, you would never buy a 200 dollar set of side mirrors...haha
Hey Sleepy

Don't assume that all of us in Cali ride the Sand Dune because we don't... In fact I don't do Sand Dunes and I am a Trail /Desert rider.

·
Registered
375 Posts

We are in the KY area.. Trust me , I know what you are talking about.. They have NO clue about the riding terain and conditions here.. If they rode some of this dirt and Mountains they would forget all about those sand dunes.. :laugh:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would be interested in nerf bars/rock sliders if you start making them let me know. Need something that is sure to stand up to hard hits. The ones i've seen on here for $240 don't look like they would hold up too good.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Go for it. There Is a big demand for fair priced pipe work. Some of the prices these guys ask are crazy. Your right no place for shinne 70 inch wide rides in the woods.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I have my cage off right now building a low-pro 2 seat cage, I have built a lot of bumper and racks but this will be my first cage, I have a pipe bender in my tire store, we do exhaust in the store so I have been bending pipe for over 25 years. I would like to see some of the low-pro cages you guys have, when I get mine finished I will show pictures. I am in north Louisianna when I get a patern I might bend a few to sell. Got my engine torn down right now and have some twisted stich ordered from Endi right now so I have time to play around witing on some parts to come back

·
Registered
6 Posts
Let me tell you, 6 weeks ago I would have agreed with you about the west coast guys not knowing what we ride in in the east, I'm from North Carolina and I have been working here in Tucson, AZ and I have riddin the Dunes and some other areas, But let me tell you, I have also rode some of the toughest and roughest terain I have ever seen out here, I have gone on trails you couldnt begin to imagine unless you see them, I have been all over the east coast ridding, and I promise you these west coast guys have every possible terain you can imagine, Ours are great to, But dont knock it untill you try it!!!!!!! and I have also gone to several custom fab shops while i have been out here and these guys know their stuff!! Great people!!!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Let me tell you, 6 weeks ago I would have agreed with you about the west coast guys not knowing what we ride in in the east, I'm from North Carolina and I have been working here in Tucson, AZ and I have riddin the Dunes and some other areas, But let me tell you, I have also rode some of the toughest and roughest terain I have ever seen out here, I have gone on trails you couldnt begin to imagine unless you see them, I have been all over the east coast ridding, and I promise you these west coast guys have every possible terain you can imagine, Ours are great to, But dont knock it untill you try it!!!!!!! and I have also gone to several custom fab shops while i have been out here and these guys know their stuff!! Great people!!!
Well said...

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have my cage off right now building a low-pro 2 seat cage, I have built a lot of bumper and racks but this will be my first cage, I have a pipe bender in my tire store, we do exhaust in the store so I have been bending pipe for over 25 years. I would like to see some of the low-pro cages you guys have, when I get mine finished I will show pictures. I am in north Louisianna when I get a patern I might bend a few to sell. Got my engine torn down right now and have some twisted stich ordered from Endi right now so I have time to play around witing on some parts to come back
Seats should be there soon... are you feeling better?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I was thinking about doin the same thing but i just dont think i have the time, but i think there would be great demand in east, especially for lower 2 seat cages and sliders, i was gonna rent the tools to build my own, then post pics of assembly process to finish product then post to forums to see interest level, worst case i would have my own stuff.. Remember, money talks and BS walks so its hard to justify expense of buying tools til you have orders with deposit, good luck, lookin foward to see fellow woods rider take on a cage, no whip mounts necessary;)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Seats should be there soon... are you feeling better?
Yes Endi I think they are on scedule to be here tomorrow the 12th and my seat pans also should be here so I was waiting on them to determine cage hieght because I want to be as low as possible will put up some pictures of the seats and cage. I think the seats are going to look great that Endi helped me put together. If anyone is thinking of buying seats or any of the many products that Endi sells at sidexside donot hesitate, Endi makes you feel like a friend that you have known for years, he runs his business like I run mine more of a personal or family owned and operated business, not a number on a website, just give him a call and you will see what I mean.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
We are in the KY area.. Trust me , I know what you are talking about.. They have NO clue about the riding terain and conditions here.. If they rode some of this dirt and Mountains they would forget all about those sand dunes.. :laugh:
Bwahahaha...not a chance...and I'll tell you why...I have hosted people from ALL over the USA to come out to Glamis for the last 5 years (Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Idaho, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Washington, Oregon, Texas and Georgia just off the top of my head) and I have NEVER EVER heard any of them say that the riding was better where they came from...

So until you come out to Glamis and take a hard fast line on a smooth dune or pin it off a transition into a bowl at 50 or 60 mph? Then you sir, have no idea of what Mother G is all about...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello MERLIN! If you can get the same or better prices on a four seater cage without the shipping $ i will take one and a set of the rock sliders. We need someone on the East coast to start putting out some sick custom s**t. Just let me know when you get something going. I will test them for you. I am good at that.:good:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts