Teryx HQ banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Ohio, and don't wanna spend $600 to ship a $1000 cage from az, or cali. So my question is does anyone make a cage (2 seater) in the east..We ride in some really:confused::confused: ruff terrian and that stocker wouldn't hold up to a tip over let alone a multiple roll..... thanks for any help.........

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Actually your stock cage would likely hope up just fine, the factory cage is actually roll over certified :good:

Have you spoken to any vendors about shipping costs? I would not expect it to be that much, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Its certified for a tractor.. I don't know about u guys but I wouldn't trust it!!! If u ever had the cage off, its light as a feather and not to sturdy, if u do any serious riding I would upgrade the cage..

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
east coast cage

I live in Ohio, and don't wanna spend $600 to ship a $1000 cage from az, or cali. So my question is does anyone make a cage (2 seater) in the east..We ride in some really:confused::confused: ruff terrian and that stocker wouldn't hold up to a tip over let alone a multiple roll..... thanks for any help.........
Check with Tellico 4x4 in Alabama, I believe they have cages from Dragonfire racing in stock. Maybe that will save you some shipping cost.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Its certified for a tractor.. I don't know about u guys but I wouldn't trust it!!! If u ever had the cage off, its light as a feather and not to sturdy, if u do any serious riding I would upgrade the cage..
WOW my friend, thanks for posting those pictures...they contradict everything I have been told.

·
Registered
451 Posts
we can ship a four seat cage and seats for 325-350 Let me know if you want them.......member discounts apply.

A two seater would probably be about the same, Either way it has to go on a pallet.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Check with the various vendors on the site. The shipping isn't as bad as it seems in some cases. It'll be cheaper if you know someone in a decent size city vs the middle of no where (where I live!). If you've got a friend with a business address that will help too. Freight to a business is cheaper. Lastly, consider shipping to a freight terminal and going to pick it up. There will probably be one relatively close. You'll have to do a little leg work, but making sure that it is shipped via one of the lower 'class' levels and to a less expensive address can save several hundred. For instance, if I ship to my house in Louisiana, I got quotes that were $150 or so more expensive easily. If I ship it to a friend of mine's business 50 miles away, I have shipping quotes as low as $195. I see him a good bit anyway, so if we get a cage, we'll just get together for dinner and pic it up. Just some ideas.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Does anyone make a cage that will allow the back to be removed so you can stil use the dump bed when you need to? Someone said they were working on one, but I have not see it yet in production.

Those photos are SHOCKING!! I need to be more careful when I have passengers it looks like. I hit a overhanging tree on a mountain trail and bent the right side of my factory cage, I will take some pics to show the damage, it twisted the cage a little. Once I get home from this weekend, I will take a photo to show. It was not that hard of an impact but you will see the damage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey...I just come across your Pics of the roll over from last year !!! WOW !!! I couldn't really follow the thread of what was happening...but was this roll cage the orginial cage from Kawasaki?? or was it an aftermarket cage??? That was terrible !!! I thought I read where the guy was telling you that the factory cage would be just fine cause it was "roll over certified"...but was this the factory cage from Kawi?????? I am so curious to know !! Thank you for your info!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts