Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to ship my cam cores in the morning and wanted to know if I should leave the counterweight shaft (part inside the camshaft) or remove it. I started to remove it, but I'm not sure about jacking with the ball & spring. I guess I'd be safe sending it all together and let them swap if needed.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
You are going to need them on the new cams. If you are sending your cores to the builder, definitely send them with the cores they will need them. If you are doing the work yourself, then take them off and keep them for the new cams you will receive.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Magellan,
Any tips on swapping the ball and spring or is it easier than it looks? What stopped you from doing a video on your motor upgrade or did you do one? Those videos are a big confidence booster.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Magellan,
Any tips on swapping the ball and spring or is it easier than it looks? What stopped you from doing a video on your motor upgrade or did you do one? Those videos are a big confidence booster.

Thanks
Thank you very much for your compliment on my vids. I actually got in a hurry and Mickey said he did not really need a video, so I had my next door neighbors at J & J Automotive do the work while I sipped beers and watched. I also had some video camera issues at that time, and I took the easy way out.

Hardest part was doing the valve springs. If you have your new cams and your old side by side, it is easy to figure out how to move the oiler springs and gear.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply Mickey. I decided to wait on shipping them until I talked to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts