Teryx HQ banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to you all, I am new here. I would like to hear your reasons why I should get a Teryx over a RZR. I have no experience with any of them. Thinking of selling the Harley and getting one of these. I love the torque of my KFX 700. How do the two engines compare? ect.... I thank you for any help you all could give me.

Dave

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi to you all, I am new here. I would like to hear your reasons why I should get a Teryx over a RZR. I have no experience with any of them. Thinking of selling the Harley and getting one of these. I love the torque of my KFX 700. How do the two engines compare? ect.... I thank you for any help you all could give me.

Dave
wait for the new Can am...it might be worth the wait

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I have ridden the Can Am and it is awesome for sure but it won't be out until Nov and will be very hard to get.

As for the present, the Teryx is the best choice, the RZR is too low, has a weak frame as well as other parts.

Does not not take much and the Teryx will spank a RZR.

The only thing the RZR has on the Teryx is handling in the tight stuff.

·
Banned
1,124 Posts

Dave
It's simple,you get a Teryx or you can go back on KR's!:laugh: Here's the thing,so far the Can-Am's have good power out of the box,but as you know with even a 730 kit in your V-Force you will smoke a 800 Renagade. Same thing here,their 800 and even 1000 isn't going to stay with a 840 Teryx. Now on the plus side the Can-Ams will out handle the Teryx in the woods. If you are going to use this in the dunes only I think you would like the modded Teryx in the long run,but to each his own.:)Oh and one last thing:flag:

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
How do you think the Can Am will handle in the woods vs. a Teryx with Elkas, Fox, King or.... shocks?

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
How do you think the Can Am will handle in the woods vs. a Teryx with Elkas, Fox, King or.... shocks?
The thing that makes the Can-Am's work so good in the woods is the trailing arms. They rail around a corner more like a straight axle instead of rolling so much like most IRS set ups.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Group I ride with consists of a couple rzr a ranger n also couple rhinos, just always seems poolaris' break down alot, I like the rzr but this is reason I went with teryx, my rhino buddy was about to give up his beloved rhinofor a teryx then I sent him a link for the can am, looks like I'm gonna be jealous in the near future, and the 840 kit suddenly fmoved up on my short list;) he just wants Yamaha to come out with a machine that will hang, he loves the rhino for its reliability and I have to say I like their clutch system and diff lock better, + on the fly 4*4, rhino just to slow, anyone know bout anything exiting happening over at yamaha

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you all see the other vids about the Can Am, Its fly by wire gas pedal and a ecu like a car. Too much electronics for me. I can see a mechanical nightmare down the road if you wanted to work on it. The local Can Am dealer is POS, they are a Bayliner boat dealer trying to sell Can Am. There boat rep is very poor around here. I don't trust them. no Can Am for me

Micky, Your right about the renagade, I kicked but on one with exhaust and tuner and padels on flat wet sand with just the my basic mods before my 715 kit.

I am wanting to ride the SBS out in the woods and desert type stuff. I don't see using it at the dunes much, I still love my KFX 700 for that.

Keep the comments coming, Thanks.

·
Registered
189 Posts
They are all fun to ride. But i was debating on the teryx and rzr-s, I never took a rzr for a ride. If i wanted a stock machine and don't want to mod I would buy a Can-am or the rzr-s over a stock teryx. Or a used moded teryx with a 840 kit already done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts