Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I put a new fuel pump in my '09 Teryx and it didn't solve my problem....
Runs awesome when it's cold, when it gets hot it bogs every time I hit the gas, has no power, cuts out, but only after it's hot, but if I turn it off and back on again, it runs fine for about 2-3 minutes and starts doing the same thing, and the engine gets so hot I can smell it and the pipe is bright red, really hot! and the fan kicks on fine like it should but doesn't help, I thought maybe the fuel pump but that's not it, anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would start by pulling spark plugs and checking the condition of them. black- rich or white- lean. I would bet they are white if your pipe is running red hot. If it is lean check your fuel pressure and volume compared to spec. Are u running a programmer? Temp gauge? What's the temp gauge say when hot?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I put a new fuel pump in my '09 Teryx and it didn't solve my problem....
Runs awesome when it's cold, when it gets hot it bogs every time I hit the gas, has no power, cuts out, but only after it's hot, but if I turn it off and back on again, it runs fine for about 2-3 minutes and starts doing the same thing, and the engine gets so hot I can smell it and the pipe is bright red, really hot! and the fan kicks on fine like it should but doesn't help, I thought maybe the fuel pump but that's not it, anyone have any ideas?
Have you ever had the valves checked? That sounds exactly like a valve unadjusted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts