Teryx HQ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
09 Sport roll bar too high to get inside my enclosed cargo trailer. Any ideas short of removing cage? I need additional six inches to clear entryway. Catch hell if I get a second trailer:laugh:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Air down the tires. Not many options.

PITA ?? Yup, I did that for about a year, after that it was easier to convince her a new cage was in order.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Have you tried airing the tires down? not shure if you will get 6 inches but may be worth trying. Alot of people are cutting their rollcages down, removing about 4 inches is common but 6 inches is alot to make up for. Im shure more people will chime in. Good luck

·
Registered
339 Posts
Both of the easy ideas have already been mentioned. Going with an aftermarket cage is best if you can swing it. You will get the lowered overall height you are looking for PLUS the added safety and thats a BIG PLUS in my book, but it all depends on how and where you drive.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 7x14x6 wells cargo, had the same problem, put the tongue of the trailer as low as possible, makes the pitch of the angle steeper, air down tires, helps some, then I would get the wife to drive I would put my weight on the back of the rex to depress the suspension, and it would make it, but pain in the butt, but could be had.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If airing down wont work, pick up a set of used old quad wheels with flat track tires, and drill them out to fit your lug pattern and use them for transport.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Shady is using his head, you could even get a old set of lawn mower tires and wheels drill them out use them just to transport, you could do that pretty cheap. Good thinking shady.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you have the factory roof, take it off. That will get you 3 1/2 " right there. Then install a soft top or aluminum roof or make yourself a flat plastic one for shade. I cut my cage down 4" & took off the le roof. now I can drive right in my toy hauler. Looks way cooler too. crow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts