Teryx HQ banner

Carb Help

9K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  MONSTER 
#1 ·
Hi all. I am in need of a little help!

I purchased the HW Carb Kit about a month ago, and FINALLY got to put it in this past weekend. My issue isn't with the kit, however once I put the carb and air box back together in the Teryx, my Teryx idles a little rough and irregular, and there is a kinda airy sounding "pht pht "that sounds at regular intervals coming from the Carburetor area. I'm guessing that I made an error while putting the carb back on the Teryx. If someone could please provide me a diagram showing where all of the different cables and lines run to/from, I would greatly appreciate it. I know it's not the actual reassembly of the carbs, but the reinstallation of them into the Teryx. I tried to locate it on google & yahoo, but with no luck - I'm not so good at finding things on the web.

HOWEVER... I would like to say that I was VASTLY IMPRESSED with the performance gains of the Hunterworks Carb Kit!!! I of course was expecting an improvement in performance, but i got way more than I expected! It was worth every single penny! Also, I know that my issue is not due in any way to the actual carb kit since the Teryx does have the performance gains when I was test running it. It was something I did while re-assembling everything, and is NOT the kit. :eek:k:

#5 ·
By vacuum valve under the driver seat, do you mean the "Screw-throttle stop" (ref # 16021) on the chart that is with the diagram, or am I looking at the wrong thing? It appears to be intact and undamaged on my Teryx.

Also, do you know of any diagrams or something that shows the carbs installed? My guess is that when I reinstalled the carbs, I didn't reinstall all of the lines to the correct places, and if I could see a diagram showing where the lines connect to the carb, and where they run to, I think it would be more helpful.

#6 ·
The most common mistake is putting the washers (shims) on the wrong side of the needle clip, they need to be on top and we have changed the needle position to the second slot from top but don't think that is your problem.

I would check to make sure you have both carbs in the rubber grommets good and the clamps tight.

The other thing I would look at is if the choke plungers are in correctly.

#10 ·
Of course, we are all our best teachers ;)

#11 ·
carb help

just put HW carb kit in 12/21 went very good due to good instructions and good videos from Todd as well as Magellan these guys are very good for this forum and all teryx owners. very impressed with cdi and carb kit does exactly as advertised teryx will do donuts on dry pavement now !!! when i put the carbs back on was tightning the clamps double checked work the front boot was not seated on carb all the way probably is the problem as they said.

#17 · (Edited)
Oh yeah! The kit is great, and worth every penny! It really smoothed out the throttle response, there is no more "jumpiness".

I want the Unifilter, but I don't have the $$$ right now. But oil changes and cleaning the air filter are something that I really stay on top of, so once it's time to change the stock air filter, I will get the Uni.

I would like to do some more performance mods, but after the CDI & Carb Kit, they start getting expensive, so I think I will do lighting & stereo upgrades next.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.