Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to chase down what i suspect is a vaccuum leak in my 2008 (neither carb slide is moving when throttle is pushed, engine only has power on low end). There are a pair of hoses that come off the carbs on the drivers side that T into a single line thats 12-18" long. The end of that line isn't attached to anything currently - should it be? If so, what?

·
383 Posts
I think those hoses are either vent or bowl drain hoses. It has been awhile since I had a carbed machine so I might be wrong.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does that usually mean the diaphrams need to be replaced or that they just need to be reseated for some reason? Is this pretty common on the carbed engines?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The slides seemed to stop moving after I ingested some oil up through the airbox (i have since added the Hunterworks STOP kit). Do you think that the oil could have gummed up some carb surfaces, not allowing the slides to move as freely?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
The slides seemed to stop moving after I ingested some oil up through the airbox (i have since added the Hunterworks STOP kit). Do you think that the oil could have gummed up some carb surfaces, not allowing the slides to move as freely?
I suppose anything is possible, take the slides out or at least stick your finger in there and see if they slide up easily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts