Teryx HQ banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone mentioned this on another thread and it got me to thinking about it. What exactly is the process and does it make the piece stronger and what all can be dipped? How big or small?

·
Registered
780 Posts
defiantly need to hear from junkie. its nothing more than like a graphic, so added strength is not there.

but it sure is good looking.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
The technical term is a "Hydrographic"...yes I own a business that does that process. Here is a video of the process. There is no increase in strength as the process is similar to paint...so it is mainly just an alternative to paint, chrome, powder coating and anodizing...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxnzJIzjtfg"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

·
Registered
780 Posts
but it looks good and when my latest parts are done and mounted, everyone one here will be hitting up junkie for some parts.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
How is the durability?
We use a automotive clear and we lay it down pretty thick...so it's as durable as automotive paint. Our clears also dry to between 3 and 4 on the pencil test hardness scale. We can get even tougher clears for special uses...they are more pricey but we can do that...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So how much $ to dip the center console for instance. I wish I could have my whole dash done.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
So how much $ to dip the center console for instance. I wish I could have my whole dash done.
Center consoles are $250 including the air box cover...

Complete dashes are $350 and that includes the glove box...

We have done about 10 complete dashes so far...very dramatic piece...

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
SJ
Can you post some finishes you can do with the dipping process please.

Looking for something besides Carbon Fibre, camo and Morning Wood.

Anything new?

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
SJ
Can you post some finishes you can do with the dipping process please.

Looking for something besides Carbon Fibre, camo and Morning Wood.

Anything new?
There's always something new...we have over 1000 different patterns in just as many colors so the variety is endless...here is a $100 bill pattern over a custom green and a gold pearl in the clear...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-QtmGUnW7Q"]YouTube- Honda 70.MOD[/nomedia]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anyone know of a place in atlantic Canada thet does this work?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts